Why Is It So Light Outside (10/1/24 23:00)

8 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Light from the 'grass  growing' lights at Hillsborough reflecting off mist/low cloud. I can see the at effect from the Lane.

17 minutes ago, Delbow said:

It's there again right now, a patch of orange light in the west. I think @Annie Bynnol's suggestion may be right one

I saw it last night and tonight and from my house it is almost exactly in line with Hillsborough. Almost certainly this.

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

The orange glow looked like those old fashioned sodium street lights.

I preferred those lights that used to give everything a nice orange glow. The bright white ones we have now are crap. The birds are constantly chirping all through the night where I am, and I'm sure it's those white lights confusing them.

• Like 1

I live in the South West. I've just been out in to the garden to look and I can see it! It appears to be over the central area of Sheffield and also to the north, possibly over the Neepsend area and Langsett Estate. It's the colour of vegetable stock. But the whole sky seems lighter than normal. 

• Like 1

It's caused by  the growing lights in the stadiums, the lights face down to the grass then reflect back up onto the low cloud, which the disperses through the ice and water particles in the cloud spreading the light for miles so it can be seen all over the city, absolutely amazing...👍👍👍

Edited by Longy67
  • Like 2