Jeopardy!

Baron99

On 11/01/2024 at 20:51, PRESLEY said:

I knew one day this American crap would creep its way on to British TV.  That just shows how garbage British game shows are  complete garbage these days :gag:

Yes, let's bring back the inane random quiz show instead where people put big tokens into a coin shove machine with easy questions. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yes, let's bring back the inane random quiz show instead where people put big tokens into a coin shove machine with easy questions. 

Is that it!  Couldn't have got through the day without reading that senseless post.:loopy:

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Is that it!  Couldn't have got through the day without reading that senseless post.:loopy:

Sounds like you are in the Tipping Point demographic then. 

Have you actually watched Jeopardy yet? 

Nearly 100 decent quality questions, some of them quite tricky. Now compare that to the programme it replaced where a question along the lines of "what is the capital of France" is as tricky as it gets, not sure what the problem is. 

If anything the American version of Jeopardy has harder questions than our version, so bringing it over here certainly isn't dumbing down. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Sounds like you are in the Tipping Point demographic then. 

Have you actually watched Jeopardy yet? 

Nearly 100 decent quality questions, some of them quite tricky. Now compare that to the programme it replaced where a question along the lines of "what is the capital of France" is as tricky as it gets, not sure what the problem is. 

If anything the American version of Jeopardy has harder questions than our version, so bringing it over here certainly isn't dumbing down. 

I'm in the Only Connect demographic actually. 

3 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

I'm in the Only Connect demographic actually. 

What is a suitable 4th answer? 

Stephen Fry

Quetzalcoatl

Phobos

Tick, tock, tick, tock..... 

Edited by Baron99

38 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

What is a suitable 4th answer? 

Stephen Fry

Quetzalcoatl

Phobos

Tick, tock, tick, tock..... 

Time's up.  I would of course accepted Frederick Neal, aka Curly from the Harlem Globetrotters as all chocolate bar related.