Shiny Sheff Closing

4 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

They don't live around there. The Crosspool Tavern is the same. Gets a lot of people there from Hillsborough/Stannington. 

So, is it the "Hillsborough/Stannington" people that, shall we say, lower the tone?

I have a bit of life education for you Irene. Scumbags come from every area. So do good, decent people.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, zach said:

So, is it the "Hillsborough/Stannington" people that, shall we say, lower the tone?

I have a bit of life education for you Irene. Scumbags come from every area. So do good, decent people.

Would you rather your elderly grandmother live in Shiregreen and be walking to the post office with her pension book or live in Whirlow and walk to the post office there? Perhaps the truth is hard to stomach for you but facts are facts. People OF Stannington have told me it is rough. Are you saying you are more informed than they are?

4 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Would you rather your elderly grandmother live in Shiregreen and be walking to the post office with her pension book or live in Whirlow and walk to the post office there? Perhaps the truth is hard to stomach for you but facts are facts. People OF Stannington have told me it is rough. Are you saying you are more informed than they are?

Did you read my reply?

You might live in a world of 'I was told' I live in the real world, and stand by what I wrote.

I'm a bit old to have living Grandparents, but my 87 year old Mum doesn't have a pension book. It's paid into the bank. On the subject of older people walking about. You tell me, where in ANY city or area of a city is a person 100% safe from an opportunist idiot mugging them? No doubt you live at the 'good end' of your road!

Where do you live? Is it perfectly safe from any crime?

• Like 2

Just now, zach said:

Did you read my reply?

You might live in a world of 'I was told' I live in the real world, and stand by what I wrote.

I'm a bit old to have living Grandparents, but my 87 year old Mum doesn't have a pension book. It's paid into the bank. On the subject of older people walking about. You tell me, where in ANY city or area of a city is a person 100% safe from an opportunist idiot mugging them? No doubt you live at the 'good end' of your road!

Where do you live? Is it perfectly safe from any crime?

No it is not perfectly safe from any crime but there aren't socially repressed people where I live who are afraid to express themselves and feel the need to behave a certain way to fit a mould. As a female, I feel safe walking to my convenience store after dark. Yes, there are a few garden thefts and the odd bit of graffiti but it's largely a safe area here in the South West. My grandmother was from Hackenthorpe. She was a great lady and helped my mother when we were toddlers but she would have told you it was rough as a badger's arse around there. It was a repressive area, as is Hillsborough, Stannington, High Green, Pitsmoor. All neighbourhoods where it's risky popping to the shop for a pint of milk after dark.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

No it is not perfectly safe from any crime but there aren't socially repressed people where I live who are afraid to express themselves and feel the need to behave a certain way to fit a mould. As a female, I feel safe walking to my convenience store after dark. Yes, there are a few garden thefts and the odd bit of graffiti but it's largely a safe area here in the South West. My grandmother was from Hackenthorpe. She was a great lady and helped my mother when we were toddlers but she would have told you it was rough as a badger's arse around there. It was a repressive area, as is Hillsborough, Stannington, High Green, Pitsmoor. All neighbourhoods where it's risky popping to the shop for a pint of milk after dark.

You know every person in your area?

Enjoy your imaginary bubble. A bit more time at the University of Life will open your eyes.

4 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I kind of get what your saying most area's mentioned are a bit rough and are not getting any better and the area of Hallam does have a nicer appeal.

I live in a rough area of S5 and where I am is actually a decent spot I only have to walk around the corner and lets just say it's like Beirut.

Now, regarding people that frequent the C/pool tavern actually come from further afield than Stannington and Hillsborough like me from a rough S5 and it is people like us that have kept pubs going in area's like yours for years.

I do like Crosspool by the way but wouldn't like to live there, I cycle and that hill from Rivelin is pretty steep.😆

• Like 1