The Temple.

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

Neither does he, he's nothing to offer he's not  a full un.

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Don't know why you're laughing , proper Wednesday fans ,who actually go to games are saying its a tired run down hole .

👀👀👀😉😉😉

11 hours ago, KP Nuts 2 said:

The magnificent cantilever north stand in all its glory.

https://ibb.co/9TrbMPT

God!  When was that picture took?  1960?   No sign of rust or flaky paint work. 

SECOND cantilever stand in the country after the mighty Scunthorpe.  Where others lead, SWFC trot behind. 

It is a excellent building , the method of the cantilever is  outstanding engineering ,not a pillar any where to spoil one’s view , it should be listed as should the ground as a whole as there are not many original  big grounds left in the UK .

I am dismayed that Everton are about to loose Goodson Park , love that ground full of nostalgia and memories of the great era in English football .

Many grounds have cladded the old stands pretending that they are modern while underneath that cladding lives the original building as the architect meant it to look , I worked on one not far away .

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

It is a excellent building , the method of the cantilever is  outstanding engineering ,not a pillar any where to spoil one’s view , it should be listed as should the ground as a whole as there are not many original  big grounds left in the UK .

I am dismayed that Everton are about to loose Goodson Park , love that ground full of nostalgia and memories of the great era in English football .

Many grounds have cladded the old stands pretending that they are modern while underneath that cladding lives the original building as the architect meant it to look , I worked on one not far away .

Have you been to Goodison recently? Its terrible even in the home areas, cramped, falling apart and not suitable for the modern times. correct decision to move away imho.

6 minutes ago, scottf said:

Have you been to Goodison recently? Its terrible even in the home areas, cramped, falling apart and not suitable for the modern times. correct decision to move away imho.

I have and you're correct, it looks like it's been neglected the same as one not far away in Sheffield which has had plenty of grants in the past for improvements.

On 21/01/2024 at 21:34, hackey lad said:

Don't know why you're laughing , proper Wednesday fans ,who actually go to games are saying it’s a tired run down hole .

Only smart arse Unitedites ,like yourself ,would say that …

I'm astounded by some of the comments on here about the fantastic structure that is the North Stand at Hillsborough. Anyone from Sheffield who doesn't appreciate that structure have truly wasted their time in the City.

The fact that the steelwork supporting the stand is left open to the elements is testament to the knowledge and expertise of the people that designed the masterpiece. 

It's so easy to clad over structures these days to make them look pleasing to the eye like they've done at t'lane.

Unfortunately this inevitably leads to what engineers call CUI ( corrosion under insulation). This comes about by the cladding, installed to protect and make the structure pleasing on the eye, allowing the ingress of moisture/water. The moisture then cannot escape, it's trapped inside and attacks the structural steelwork.

One day in the near future, you'll be driving past t'lane and it will have collapsed and be flat on the ground, all down to CUI.

Remember where you heard it.