Virgin Money Fargate - Poor Uniform Standards

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

You are right. I am a tad older than that. I'm 28, I will be 29 this year. 

You must make a lot of stuff up about the past then - I’ve seen you comment on loads of things about “the 90s” and you can’t have been much older than 5 at the end of the century.

explains a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mkapaka said:

You must make a lot of stuff up about the past then - I’ve seen you comment on loads of things about “the 90s” and you can’t have been much older than 5 at the end of the century.

explains a lot.

Because he's really 50 and has mental issues but his carer seems to be more interested in their phone so gives them access to the internet

2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

You are right. I am a tad older than that. I'm 28, I will be 29 this year. 

Hmm…I said MORE than a tad older.  What are you getting for your 29th birthday?  A new pencil skirt and matching jacket with shoulder pads?  A perm?  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Resident said:

Because he's really 50 and has mental issues but his carer seems to be more interested in their phone so gives them access to the internet

😂 I’ve just had a look at some of previous posts on how things were in 1997 - when they were 2 years old 😂😂😂

14 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

It's about respect. Respect for your profession and respect for your customers. And also, respect for yourself.

If you walk in to a board room in sportswear then you aren't going to have your authority taken seriously.

I do find your comparison with a cardiac consultant to be insolent. A heart surgeon obviously needs scrubs to perform operations, that doesn't explain why bank managers are going to work dressed as though they are about to do some weeding in the garden.

There seems to be an influx of laziness these days, especially amongst generation Z. They don't even speak in complete sentences and shorten words that don't need it e.g. they call an outfit a "fit". In my day, if someone was having a fit, you'd call ambulance for them. 

You would have gotten more respect from your employees when you wore a tie than now. Power dressing is important in business. It also shows that you have respect for yourself and your role. 

Interesting.

You question how people speak and then use the word  “gotten”.

How odd.

Edited by PapaLazarou

2 hours ago, Mkapaka said:

explains a lot.

I was there for half of the 90s. I lived through 5 years of it. Even in the past 10 years it would be unheard of for a bank manager to wear trainers.

1 minute ago, PapaLazarou said:

Interesting.

You question how people speak and then use the word  “gotten”.

How odd.

Gotten - to attain or experience something.

11 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I was there for half of the 90s. I lived through 5 years of it. Even in the past 10 years it would be unheard of for a bank manager to wear trainers.

Gotten - to attain or experience something.

In American English maybe.

Maybe you is using it cos you was on the streets in the 90s? Chillin  in your Mr Tumble hoodie with your home boys  outside Orchard Square toilets innit.

7 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Isnt it sad when the owner of a forum takes on their alter ego to try and stimulate conversations and boost the forums footfall?

Is that like allowing multiple-account clowns to inundate the Football section with banal childish vitriol?

Edited by PapaLazarou
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

In American English maybe.

Maybe you is using it cos you was on the streets in the 90s? Chillin  in your Mr Tumble hoodie with your home boys  outside Orchard Square toilets innit.

Strange, it says you've been a member of here since 2008 but I've never seen you post anything until today.