Virgin Money Fargate - Poor Uniform Standards

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

Strange, it says you've been a member of here since 2008 but I've never seen you post anything until today.

PL is usually to be found on the footy forum.

6 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Strange, it says you've been a member of here since 2008 but I've never seen you post anything until today.

Well maybe you should take a look at my profile and find out how many posts I’ve made.

So…stranger still that you haven’t checked that.

(1501 posts….should you have bothered to check).

Edited by PapaLazarou

22 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

Well maybe you should take a look at my profile and find out how many posts I’ve made.

So…stranger still that you haven’t checked that.

(1501 posts….should you have bothered to check).

I'm on over 2,000 and I've only been here 10 months. 

Are you a disgruntled Virgin Money worker?

6 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I've been her 15 years under about 300 names.

I'm not Disgruntled, I'm not a Virgin and I'm not a money worker.

11 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I wear chef whites whilst doing heavy food preparation and a smart skirt, shirt, cravat and blazer for serving. 

I would have thought being a lawyer, you'd appreciate the importance of making an effort with one's appearance.

What do you do for a living Irene? 

2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I can remember my early childhood... your point being?

Don’t be silly - lots of us remember our childhood - you don’t form an objective view at the age of 5 to use as a point of reference 23 years later though.

Edited by Mkapaka
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I was there for half of the 90s. I lived through 5 years of it. Even in the past 10 years it would be unheard of for a bank manager to wear trainers.

Gotten - to attain or experience something.

Sure I guess as a precocious 2 year old you were visiting the bank on a daily basis and took keen note of what the bank manager was wearing. If you knew anything about anything you would know that you would only meet the bank manager by appointment in the 90s

4 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Quality not quantity 

Just to bring back to topic I have noticed that supertram staff have been particularly scruffy and make the Virgin staff look like fashion icons.

6 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:

Interesting.

You question how people speak and then use the word  “gotten”.

How odd.

Ah, are you thinking that ‘gotten’ is an Americanism and grammatically incorrect aren’t you? Gotten is, in fact, an English word that was in use in England at the time America was colonised by the English. It is found in the King James version of the Bible. Over the centuries, the Americans kept on using it and the English did not. Using it is not incorrect English.  I have noticed though its rapidly becoming more common to use gotten here in the UK, particularly with younger people.  So who knows, maybe Irene Swain really is 28??!?

Edited by pfifes

2 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

have noticed that supertram staff have been particularly scruffy

The uniform is actually quite smart when worn correctly. I used to wear the same uniform (albeit with a different cravat) when I was a Hostess on the trains. The problem is a lot of the tram staff are letting standards slip, rolled up sleeves, top buttons on shirts undone, no tie or cravat. Stagecoach are usually stringent when it comes to uniform but given their franchise on the trams only has 2 months left, they might be thinking "sod it". 

1 hour ago, pfifes said:

Gotten is, in fact, an English word that was in use in England at the time America was colonised by the English.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, Lizzie b said:

I am a caterer. 

2 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

Sure I guess as a precocious 2 year old you were visiting the bank on a daily basis and took keen note of what the bank manager was wearing. If

No, I didn't say that. I said I remember Fargate in the 1990s, not the banks.

10 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

And thus the argument of quality vs quantity 

9 hours ago, Lizzie b said:

He works on a sandwich production line whilst pretending to own the business. Claims to make £50k profit a year but won't provide business details beyond a vague name (that no records exist for) and a dodgy Gmail email address.