How Has The World Changed Since Covid?

23 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Of course not.

Are you suggesting that all rich people are the same as Ms Vennells?

It's always been an English problem, this bash the rich or slag someone who has a nice car or house.

Rather than consider how hard that person has worked or does work the narrative is to somehow be negative about them, it's a mentality that doesn't seem to exist in other countries, in my experience anyway.

It's just festering jealousy.   Buy a nice flash car and see how long it takes before some one keys it,

No.  Paula Vennells may be an extreme example but she does represent how large organisations exploit their employees.  

Now what about all the inverted snobbery nonsense?  Whilst I’m sure inverted snobs exist, you can’t use them as excuse for justifying your argument.  No sensible, reasonable person would object to a successful, hard working person enjoying the fruits of labour and having some luxuries.  And most of us don’t like lazy, sponger good for nothings.  The thing is though, real life is little more complex than that and there is an ever widening disparity of wealth.  Some work incredibly hard and are still poor.  Others have more money than they will ever need.  Often through exploiting the aforementioned poor through poor pay.  

Ah, but that’s just about luck isn’t it?  And you make your own luck.  And anyone who doesn’t agree is just a bitter loser that’s jealous of a someone with a flashy car. Well, Scandinavian countries are happier because they are more equal.  And that’s what it’s about- being more equal.  Not stopping people enjoying the benefits of hard work and success to pay for a lazy scrote that doesn’t want to work.  

As for your comment about flashy cars being keyed through jealousy, well I have seen plenty of ordinary cars, and indeed old bangers that have been keyed.  Vandals are just destructive.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pfifes said:

No.  Paula Vennells may be an extreme example but she does represent how large organisations exploit their employees.  

Now what about all the inverted snobbery nonsense?  Whilst I’m sure inverted snobs exist, you can’t use them as excuse for justifying your argument.  No sensible, reasonable person would object to a successful, hard working person enjoying the fruits of labour and having some luxuries.  And most of us don’t like lazy, sponger good for nothings.  The thing is though, real life is little more complex than that and there is an ever widening disparity of wealth.  Some work incredibly hard and are still poor.  Others have more money than they will ever need.  Often through exploiting the aforementioned poor through poor pay.  

Ah, but that’s just about luck isn’t it?  And you make your own luck.  And anyone who doesn’t agree is just a bitter loser that’s jealous of a someone with a flashy car. Well, Scandinavian countries are happier because they are more equal.  And that’s what it’s about- being more equal.  Not stopping people enjoying the benefits of hard work and success to pay for a lazy scrote that doesn’t want to work.  

As for your comment about flashy cars being keyed through jealousy, well I have seen plenty of ordinary cars, and indeed old bangers that have been keyed.  Vandals are just destructive.  

And has been for hundreds of years and will continue to do so until we cease to exist.

Regards to Scandinavians being happier, doesn't Finland, Sweden and Iceland having higher suicide rates than the UK, Germany and France for example?

48 minutes ago, pfifes said:

Well said and correct in every respect.

Unfortunately,  you are wasting your time trying to get that argument over to our mister far right, bigoted Bundy.

He knows the differences that exist between rich and poor but thinks every rich man is rich because he worked hard and every poor man lives in poverty because he's idle.

This is an interesting article looking at one of the possible consequences of remote learning:

Back and neck problems driving major UK health crisis, say medical leaders | Health | The Guardian

I do remember shortly after many people were coming back to work, a lot of people in their early 60s were choosing not to go back to work, this could possibly be one reason why....

21 minutes ago, Mister M said:

This is an interesting article looking at one of the possible consequences of remote learning:

Back and neck problems driving major UK health crisis, say medical leaders | Health | The Guardian

I do remember shortly after many people were coming back to work, a lot of people in their early 60s were choosing not to go back to work, this could possibly be one reason why....

Becoming a nation of lazy wet wipes more like.

Get some ibuprofen down them rather than crap food and man up.

Edited by Al Bundy

11 hours ago, pfifes said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if belief in Conspiracy theories and any vaxxers haven’t increased since Covid.

I agree.  And it's accompanied by an increased willingness for people to proudly display their wilful ignorance like it's a virtue.  Actions, or their absence, have consequences, and I'm sure this isn't unrelated:

Measles: Urgent action needed to stop outbreak spreading across towns and cities, say health experts. A national incident has been declared by the authorities signalling the growing public health risk in the face of falling vaccination rates, as people are urged to get the MMR jab against the potentially deadly virus.

ETA: Measles is extremely infectious and can have very serious complications.  Get your kids vaccinated.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

I agree.  And it's accompanied by an increased willingness for people to proudly display their wilful ignorance like it's a virtue.  Actions, or their absence, have consequences, and I'm sure this isn't unrelated:

Measles: Urgent action needed to stop outbreak spreading across towns and cities, say health experts. A national incident has been declared by the authorities signalling the growing public health risk in the face of falling vaccination rates, as people are urged to get the MMR jab against the potentially deadly virus.

ETA: Measles is extremely infectious and can have very serious complications.  Get your kids vaccinated.

I’m not sure that the current measles outbreak can be ascribed to anti-vax sentiment driven by Covid. Most of those infected will be over three and therefore will have been offered the vaccine before the Covid vaccines were available.

It is more likely that it is driven by ignorance from some parents and distrust of the medical profession by some groups in society. A complicated mix of the slightly bonkers, the fearful and the religious.

It is a horrible illness though, I speak from experience on that. Anyone turning down the  MMR vaccine for themselves, or their dependents should think again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

I’m not sure that the current measles outbreak can be ascribed to anti-vax sentiment driven by Covid. Most of those infected will be over three and therefore will have been offered the vaccine before the Covid vaccines were available.

As I mentioned on another thread take up of MMR vaccines decreased long before Covid as a result of some Doctor who stated that it was linked to autism,a claim that has since been thoroughly investigated and disproved.

However it had its consequences.