Benign Prostate Enlargement

King Charles III is set to attend hospital next week for treatment for an enlarged prostate.

Benign prostate enlargement - which is non-cancerous - is common in men over 50 and is not usually a serious condition, according to the NHS website.

Around one in three men over the age of 50 will have some symptoms of an enlarged prostate, which is a gland that sits just below the bladder.

While it is not usually a serious threat to health, it can cause symptoms and problems, including difficulty passing urine or emptying the bladder.

Do people go into hospital for an enlarged prostate, I have that and I was given tablets, that I dont take. Buckingham Palace said the King's condition is benign but he will undergo a "corrective procedure".

1 hour ago, despritdan said:

I take saw palmetto, pygeum and concentrated pumpkin seed oil tablets which are helpful.

Maybe that is what Charlie will be taking, it sound like a stay in hospital, maybe not 

On 17/01/2024 at 22:53, Baron99 said:

Oh no!  Not another coronation to pay for this year as well? 

Vive la revolution! 

The coronation was estimated to have cost I believe around 100 million pounds, but the UK economy was estimated to have gained over 1 billion because of it.

Not bad.

Still, if you are really angry about your roughly 1.24p per year in taxes towards the sovereign grant then that's your prerogative.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

The coronation was estimated to have cost I believe around 100 million pounds, but the UK economy was estimated to have gained over 1 billion because of it.

Not bad.

Still, if you are really angry about your roughly 1.24p per year in taxes towards the sovereign grant then that's your prerogative.

Not about money at all, I was just surprised that there is an operation for a benign prostate enlargement.

Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) TURP involves removing part of the prostate gland using a device called a resectoscope that's passed through the urethra (the tube through which urine passes out of the body). It's suitable for men who have an enlarged prostate. Around 15,000 prostate resection procedures are carried out each year in England and Wales.

Well if it doesn't work out for Charlie boy & he ends up with a colostomy, that'll be 2 large bags he has to carry around with him day in, day out. 

Vive la revolution! 

Edited by Baron99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Not bad.

All these figures are guesstimates and don't mean a thing either in what the royal family cost us or what they earn us so it's pointless to debate them.

We all know that we will never be told the true cost but there is much that is never shown on the balance sheets anyway.

In  this day and age, when we are always being told to modernise and embrace new things,  the Danish royal family show us how to do it in modern style.

I was born in the days of the British Empire but we have moved very very much downhill since then whilst our royals have not.  It's a Walt Disney institution.

40 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Not about money at all, I was just surprised that there is an operation for a benign prostate enlargement.

Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) TURP involves removing part of the prostate gland using a device called a resectoscope that's passed through the urethra (the tube through which urine passes out of the body). It's suitable for men who have an enlarged prostate. Around 15,000 prostate resection procedures are carried out each year in England and Wales.

There are quite a few different treatments for enlarged prostate,  similar to what you describe so they will probably be looking at a choice of 6 to 8 options.

6 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Well if it doesn't work out for Charlie boy & he ends up with a colostomy, that'll be 2 large bags he has to carry around with him day in, day out. 

Vive la revolution! 

It's a good job you are not either right wing or a  royalist as you would be screamed at for being misogynistic with language like that.