Fire At Blackburn Meadows Power Station

7 hours ago, prince al said:

Stop scaremongering.

Who is scaremongering? - I am stating facts, from experience gained over 25+ years experience.

Having said the above, I have no real idea what @prince al -s wittering on about.

Edited by RollingJ
Added text.

1 minute ago, Resident said:

Anyway back on topic.

Just passed Blackburn Meadows and Fire are still on scene. 

3 days for a wood fire? I doubt it. 

Does seem a bit strange, but I can't see what it could be - you have any idea?

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Does seem a bit strange, but I can't see what it could be - you have any idea?

There is also a truck similar to this with the rear skip removed in Fire colours and a blue light bar at the same location. The rear skip looks slightly deeper. 

screenview.jpeg

Very similar to the new EV fire dousing equipment 

• Like 1

How come even the least contentious threads get derailed so quickly?

Similar to many other industrial sites, there will be a likely be a standard plan set up, ready to instigate for a confirmed fire report from there.

Yesterdays update from their Facebook page.

Blackburn Meadows Incident Update:
We can confirm that we were called yesterday (Thursday 18 January) at 7:21pm to reports of a fire involving wood chipping at Blackburn Meadows renewable energy plant on Alsing Road, Sheffield.
Due to the location of the incident we mobilised 8 fire engines and a number of additional support vehicles.
Overnight we have scaled back our initial response and currently have four fire engines in attendance.
The incident is under control and we remain on site to further assist E.ON.
We continue to work with our partner agencies and there is currently no risk to the wider community.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, peak4 said:

How come even the least contentious threads get derailed so quickly?

Similar to many other industrial sites, there will be a likely be a standard plan set up, ready to instigate for a confirmed fire report from there.

Probably because people post without thought, or make assumptions, I apologise for my part in derailing this one.

• Like 2

On 19/01/2024 at 16:25, Prettytom said:

You’re probably right.

They should just let power stations burn to

the ground. Everyone has gone soft.

Trying to stop people from going any where near it is not the same as letting to burn down.

33 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Trying to stop people from going any where near it is not the same as letting to burn down.

Haven't seen that said, but as it is on private land and a potentially hazardous area, I can understand it. How far away are they being kept?