Pork Pie Jelly!

9 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

And if you had seen what's actually chucked into the mincer, there's a few who wouldn't buy a 'Pork Pie' again 🥴😀😀

There is no greater taste than that of a warm pork pie...... one of Barnsleys staple foods 😆🤣😂

11 hours ago, RJRB said:

Family “argument “

I’d be happy eating a fresh warm pork pie,but a relative warms up cold ones.

Is that advisable?

Have never had a warm pork pie, always had mine cold.

14 hours ago, Cyclunt said:

There is no greater taste than that of a warm pork pie...... one of Barnsleys staple foods 😆🤣😂

Many moons ago (1970's) worked at Archer Rd dairy .

Before all the poncy gym's, bed shops etc The CO-OP had not only the Dairy but the food warehouse, butchers, garage and bake-house down there.

Come afternoon when the bakehouse opened the ovens there would be a mad rush from all those departments to 'sample' all the lovely hot pork pies, pasty's & sausage rolls 🤩

Of course there couldn't be any jelly in the pork pies - 'But we managed' 😋.

Staff discount prices made them taste even better some how :blush:

Happy daze 8)

17 hours ago, RJRB said:

Family “argument “

I’d be happy eating a fresh warm pork pie,but a relative warms up cold ones.

Is that advisable?

Some years ago, on a visit to Leeds for work I was taken for a lunchtime pint of Tetley's. On the food menu was warm pork pie with peas and gravy, which seemed very popular.

7 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Many moons ago (1970's) worked at Archer Rd dairy .

Before all the poncy gym's, bed shops etc The CO-OP had not only the Dairy but the food warehouse, butchers, garage and bake-house down there.

Come afternoon when the bakehouse opened the ovens there would be a mad rush from all those departments to 'sample' all the lovely hot pork pies, pasty's & sausage rolls 🤩

Of course there couldn't be any jelly in the pork pies - 'But we managed' 😋.

Staff discount prices made them taste even better some how :blush:

Happy daze 8)

Hey Rockers rule. I worked in the dairy 1974. Not for long mind. Talk about hard graft. 

8 hours ago, foxydebs said:

Have never had a warm pork pie, always had mine cold.

If you go to Skipton you must go to Stanforths. Just over the canal bridge at the top of town. Warm pork pies straight out of the oven. It’s not a natural manoeuvre but be sure that when you bite into it you hold the pie vertical and bite into it at the top, otherwise the jelly will run down your front. Delicioso.