Cars I Have Owned,Wanted,Loved And Hated

Nice ride, Chekhov. A very good friend of mine has long had a Robin Hood with a very tweaked Pinto in it.

Last week I received the 2024 car tax notice :  €25! After 22 years of ownership, that's it, she's officially a classic! 🙌

1500x500.jpg.58da3f7f932dfc6907563a8e9e3e59b5.jpg

Topically for the thread , many cars owned both before that MX5 and meanwhile, from the mundane (AX, BX, Brava, Imprezas (non-T), V50, C220) to the extraordinary (CX GTI T, Delta HF T, Imprezas WRX). Aside from the Brava and V50 (late Friday shift-built), I have appreciated them all, but the current family wagon is the best by a country mile:

FXZ__CTQ_400x400.jpg.f68b24aa3564365c58cdb3a8fffd44c6.jpg

First car in 22 years to start holding a candle to the MX5, in the smiles-per-mile .

Always been a petrolhead, and of course there's been many cars I wanted or had opportunities to get, but did not (e.g. original M3, *any* TVR) and these days I'm getting a lil'old to be lusting after Porsches, Ferraris and whatnot. Not sure what to replace the XE with, if I were to ever part with it. Another  RWD 6-pot, if anyone still makes any by then.

Edited by L00b