Cannabis Joint To Open In Doncaster

23 hours ago, rogets said:

Doncaster people won't allow a canabis joint place.

They are a proud nation of people

The downfall that has been seen in Sheffield, won't happen in Doncaster, people over there are smart, proud nation

Even Stainforth?

• Haha 1

The comments are quite laughable:

"I don't like the idea," she said. "I don't think anybody does. My granddaughter has been trying to get it stopped.

"It will seep through my walls and it's going to stink.

"I do think it will make crime here worse."

1 minute ago, RootsBooster said:

"I don't like the idea," she said. "I don't think anybody does. My granddaughter has been trying to get it stopped.

What’s laughable about those comments ?

On 02/02/2024 at 13:30, hackey lad said:

What’s laughable about those comments ?

"I don't like the idea," she said. "I don't think anybody does. My granddaughter has been trying to get it stopped."

Based on what?

"It will seep through my walls and it's going to stink."

How will it do that?

In what way?

They're just baseless, outraged comments.

• Thanks 1

On 02/02/2024 at 13:27, RootsBooster said:

It’s not as daft a comment as it sounds.  The smell is very pungent and pervasive.  I understand that users may like the odour or not notice or understand that it seeps into neighbouring properties but believe me it can and the odour is very unpleasant to some people. 

4 hours ago, pfifes said:

It’s not as daft a comment as it sounds.  The smell is very pungent and pervasive.  I understand that users may like the odour or not notice or understand that it seeps into neighbouring properties but believe me it can and the odour is very unpleasant to some people. 

My elderly Aunt had an illegal cannabis factory in an adjoining house. She never knew about it and neither did anyone else including me. It was only found via a police heat seeking helicopter which detected it through the roof.  We never smelt a thing. 

I admit I can smell it sometimes in the street, and when a neighbour smokes it in his garden, but it certainly doesn't penetrate walls anymore than ordinary tobacco smoke.

10 minutes ago, Anna B said:

My elderly Aunt had an illegal cannabis factory in an adjoining house. She never knew about it and neither did anyone else including me. It was only found via a police heat seeking helicopter which detected it through the roof.  We never smelt a thing. 

I admit I can smell it sometimes in the street, and when a neighbour smokes it in his garden, but it certainly doesn't penetrate walls anymore than ordinary tobacco smoke.

It very much depends on the nature of how properties are adjoined and/or how well the cannabis growers/users contain the odour in their property.  For example in terraced properties with an adjoining chimney the smell will come in (I can vouch for this from personal experience).  If there’s no adjoining space between the properties where air can escape the smell won’t come in except through an open window which isn’t usually too problematic.  I had known many to disbelieve that odours can travel through walls but if the circumstances I’ve described they can and do!  

Edited by pfifes

On 08/02/2024 at 07:55, pfifes said:

How does it "seep" through several layers of paint, plasterboard, wood and brick though

On 08/02/2024 at 12:47, pfifes said:

It very much depends on the nature of how properties are adjoined and/or how well the cannabis growers/users contain the odour in their property.  For example in terraced properties with an adjoining chimney the smell will come in (I can vouch for this from personal experience).  If there’s no adjoining space between the properties where air can escape the smell won’t come in except through an open window which isn’t usually too problematic.  I had known many to disbelieve that odours can travel through walls but if the circumstances I’ve described they can and do!  

The "odours" you speak of are physical particles though, not some kind of paranormal ectoplasmic gas. If there's a solid barrier, they can't pass through.