Cannabis Joint To Open In Doncaster

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

How will he make it pay ?

Membership fees?  Mark-ups on the coffee, pizza, pancakes and Nutella?  Free cannabis, but £20 for a Twix?

1 hour ago, geared said:

Smoking indoors is illegal tho.

I am pretty sure there are exemptions for private members clubs.

I've read about some places in London which have specific rules and categorisation to allow them to keep their smoking areas, cigar humidors etc. 

Personally, I feel the proposal could be a good idea if it provides a safe and controlled space for consumption and works in conjunction with the police. 

The global attitude towards cannabis particularly has been shifting for some time. It's decriminalisation and completely legalisation has happened elsewhere on many occasions.

Whilst, I'm certainly not going to say it should apply for all drugs, there does seem to be some legitimate arguments on attempts to lessen the dominance of the underworld, getting it under proper control, licenced premises, restrictions on its sale/use and of course potential tax revenue for the government.

Several states in America, all of Canada, parts of Europe and I believe Australia have all become more accepting and even creating an legitimate industry from it. 

Is becoming a little bit like the whole prohibition era.  If a law is in place, but everyone is openly breaking it, and no authority cares about enforcing it  -  then there's no point it being illegal. 

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

The stuff being smoked these days is nothing like the chilled out Hippy stuff of the past 

I can't argue with that. This new skunk they grow is nothing like the regular marijuana, but even still I think it would reduce aggro if it replaced alcohol.

I was in the entertainment industry for many years and I can assure you the events we held for let's say the " stoner" crowd were trouble free in the main.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

I am pretty sure there are exemptions for private members clubs.

I've read about some places in London which have specific rules and categorisation to allow them to keep their smoking areas, cigar humidors etc. 

Nope, seems it's illegal there too and while some were allowing smoking, they found themselves in court over it.

https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/Article/2007/08/03/Mayfair-club-still-allowing-smoking