Get Them Boots Ready Chaps.

24 minutes ago, cressida said:

They don't fight in battlefields any more so where should the women fight in your opinion?

I don't know exactly to be fair, but I highly doubt it's a large number. Women and children were told to leave when Russia invaded I believe, up to 90% who left were women and children.

12 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I don't know exactly to be fair, but I highly doubt it's a large number. Women and children were told to leave when Russia invaded I believe, up to 90% who left were women and children.

👍

51 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

The front line is the place where two opposing armies are facing each other and where fighting is going on.

Hey, I am not in any way undermining the role women play, just suggesting with equality so prevailant in today's society, why not have women also on the front line.

We do have women on the front line and have done for some time and some have already died on the front line.

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

We do have women on the front line and have done for some time and some have already died on the front line.

I don't doubt that, just questioning that it's maybe time for 50/50.

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Of those killed, 439 were male and three were female.

Those 3 prove you are wrong about women on the front line.

It's quite obvious that most women will take up roles other than fighting roles and every soldier, male or female,  chooses what they want to be but,  some are happy to fight.

There are more jobs to do in the services than you will ever understand and there are men in jobs that are not primarily front line fighting jobs.

Better to not discuss things you know nothing about.

3 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Those 3 prove you are wrong about women on the front line.

It's quite obvious that most women will take up roles other than fighting roles and every soldier, male or female,  chooses what they want to be but,  some are happy to fight.

There are more jobs to do in the services than you will ever understand and there are men in jobs that are not primarily front line fighting jobs.

Better to not discuss things you know nothing about.

Don't get all ratty, stay calm and discuss like an adult.

👍

I don't dispute your words, and haven't suggested anything to oppose them. All I am suggesting is that I these times of equality, then maybe it should be a more even number of men and women on the frontline, and if not, why not?

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

I don't doubt that, just questioning that it's maybe time for 50/50.

Servicemen and women choose their jobs  -  partially by the regiment they join and also by what direction they choose after initial training.

The services have cooks,  medics, engineers,  communications experts and every other job you can think about.  They don't all drive tanks or fire machine guns on the front line.

Showing your prejudices again together with your usual mardy arse remarks and I would never actually describe you as a man.

I would expect that Dad's Army wouldn't want you.

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Don't get all ratty, stay calm and discuss like an adult.

👍

I don't dispute your words, and haven't suggested anything to oppose them. All I am suggesting is that I these times of equality, then maybe it should be a more even number of men and women on the frontline, and if not, why not?

Because some men don't go on the front line either.  see my other post.

7 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Servicemen and women choose their jobs  -  partially by the regiment they join and also by what direction they choose after initial training.

The services have cooks,  medics, engineers,  communications experts and every other job you can think about.  They don't all drive tanks or fire machine guns on the front line.

Showing your prejudices again together with your usual mardy arse remarks and I would never actually describe you as a man.

I would expect that Dad's Army wouldn't want you.

Because some men don't go on the front line either.  see my other post.

You just can't help yourself can you.

It's a waste of time even attempting to have a grown up conversation with you.

I will bow out.