Get Them Boots Ready Chaps.

1 hour ago, geared said:

Bring in a system like they've got in America.  Give those in court up for relatively minor offences the option, prison time or sign up for the armed forces.

That'd help solve the issue of low numbers enlisting. without having to resort to conscription.  Could even chuck in a financial incentive as well, sweeten the deal.

I believe that in America, many people coming from other countries are offered naturalisation under special provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act. So if they want to be American citizens, they sign up to serve in the forces.

I wonder if that system should be offered in the U.K?

I'm personally all for war, as long as I don't have to fight.

I can fight any war from my armchair

Although I do think the news reports need to be more filtered,  as there was too much swearing in one of the reports, fella had been shot and the language was awful, no need for bad language

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

They should bring back national service, especially as I'm too old to have to do it myself!

*shamelessly stolen from Al Murray*

It is amazing how many middle aged men are in favour of national service

20 minutes ago, cressida said:

That occurred to me a few years ago,  in the front line😉

Idealism won't be any defence against aggression sadly.

Billions around the World from the start of time untill the end of time will endure and have endured war, forewarned is forearmed.  The ideal world sadly just doesn't exist. 

12 minutes ago, rogets said:

It is amazing how many middle aged men are in favour of national service

Probably because they have seen better days than the state of things today. 

10 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Or they know it's them that WONT be fighting

How do you know they havn't done their bit already,   you DON'T, so if  your gonna have ago, start with Politicians who are always up for sending anyone to war but themselves. :rant: