Get Them Boots Ready Chaps.

With an ageing population and people living longer there should be plenty of people for the home guard, our last line of defence should we go to war.

I don’t believe conscription will happen but just in case I’d get the single long term unemployed, young criminals and beggars on the street into bootcamp before they are sent to the army for further training.  It could be the making of them.

Edited by hauxwell

Earth has existed for a few billion years, whilst human life is relatively recent, eventually taking over from the dinosaurs following an asteroid hitting earth some 65 million years ago. I have often considered that our brains are probably capable of destroying all human life, leaving the next chapter of Earth’s existence to begin, whatever shape that may take.

Whatever will be will be.

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

Earth has existed for a few billion years, whilst human life is relatively recent, eventually taking over from the dinosaurs following an asteroid hitting earth some 65 million years ago. I have often considered that our brains are probably capable of destroying all human life, leaving the next chapter of Earth’s existence to begin, whatever shape that may take.

Whatever will be will be.

Sad but true.

It always amazes me how blithely some people are prepared to enter into wars. 

As warfare advances it becomes more deadly and affects more and more ordinary people.

Now we are quite capable of anihalating the entire human race and most of the life on earth. It's never been easier, just the push of a button.

Think on it....

Edited by Anna B

29 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Sad but true.

As warfare advances it becomes more deadly and affects more and more ordinary people.

Now we are quite capable of anihalating the entire human race and most of the life on earth. It's never been easier, just the push of a button.

Think on it....

And Putin (etc) know that.

Anyone who starts chucking nukes about, even if they win (:huh:) have to deal with the 'Fall-out'  (pun intended).

32 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Sad but true.

Think on it....

Some wars are inevitable,  people like Hitler are still around these days,  as I already mentioned, its not a perfect world we have to at some stages defend ourselves and other Countries around the World.

23 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Some wars are inevitable,  people like Hitler are still around these days,  as I already mentioned, its not a perfect world we have to at some stages defend ourselves and other Countries around the World.

If it was a ‘perfect world’. this thread would not exist.

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

There won’t be a nuclear war . It will be chemical or biological.

Indeed. Maybe 'Covid' from a lab in China was the start of it.

And why many people believe there was a lot more to it than meets the eye...

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 1