Is Television Completely Obsessed With Food Programmes ?

We've always been obsessed with cooking programmes.  I remember watching them in the 80s and 90s: Gary Rhodes, Two Fat Ladies, Delia, Rick Stein and Masterchef when it was Loyd Grossman.  Jamie Oliver took off then too, though I wasn't a fan.  Don't remember any 'reality'/competition cooking programmes beyond Masterchef, though I'm sure there must have been some.

I also remember watching Farmhouse Kitchen when I was off sick from school.  Now that was a proper cooking programme:

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

We've always been obsessed with cooking programmes.  I remember watching them in the 80s and 90s: Gary Rhodes, Two Fat Ladies, Delia, Rick Stein and Masterchef when it was Loyd Grossman.  Jamie Oliver took off then too, though I wasn't a fan.  Don't remember any 'reality'/competition cooking programmes beyond Masterchef, though I'm sure there must have been some.

I also remember watching Farmhouse Kitchen when I was off sick from school.  Now that was a proper cooking programme:

I missed out on Mrs Beeton (although I do have one of her cook books from the 1800s) but I do remember Fanny Cradock and her bumbling hen-pecked husband Johnnie!

Those were the days.

echo.

2 hours ago, pattricia said:

I’m so fed up with them flippin Mastercheff etc; on every evening on different channels at the same time.  We don’t want to watch people cooking, dropping things or who has been voted out ! STOP THEM PLEASE.

I never watch them either pattricia,  too many ingredients to buy,  too much embellishment especially with leaves,  too much creamy desserts - and possibly too much obesity afterwards.🤣

I'm in the same frame mind, there's no respite from these cooking programmes, Saturday and Sunday too, " Celebrity Prisoners : How to cook a cake with a file inside" I'm waiting for that one. All the utensils are brand new the " celebrities?" look as though they exist on going out for meals or takeaways.

3 hours ago, pattricia said:

I’m so fed up with them flippin Mastercheff etc; on every evening on different channels at the same time.  We don’t want to watch people cooking, dropping things or who has been voted out ! STOP THEM PLEASE.

This is where I and you differ Pat because I enjoy cooking programmes especially the competitive ones.  I must admit that there are a lot on TV though and if you're not a fan it must be annoying.