Hostages.

34 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

At last you have finally got the point.  Yes, the Palestinians,  just like you,   resent the Israeli's coming and settling on their land.

What you don't realise is that the Israeli's don't just come and move in next door  -  they come with guns and tell you to get out of your house because they want that.  and they want the land you own.

I'm quite sure that you would be very forgiving and very loving to anyone who did that to you.  Then the Israeli troops come and patrol  and shoot or jail your little kids for throwing stones at their tanks.

I wouldn't allow some foreigner to do that to me ,   and neither would most men   -   don't know about you.

All through this discussion,  you have spoken as if you either    1.  Are too thick to understand what's been happening    or,       2.  Know what's been happening  but are just too cruel to care.

Support the side who have been the aggressors for 75 years if you wish but,  the rest of the world is now realising the truth about Nazi Netanyahu,    and Israel's name is becoming mud.

Netanyahu has made it clear that he does NOT want an agreement,  he does NOT want a 2 state solution   -   HE WANTS ALL THE LOT  with all the Palestinians completely gone.

Ok.

👍

59 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Just  listening to  Soldier Blue by Buffy Sainte Marie and it brought the thought that Israel are doing to Gaza what the America did to the indigenous  Americans . Wiped them out and stole their land .

Bear in mind it's not just Gaza; it seems that the situation there is being used to cover stuff elsewhere as far as most UK media is concerned.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/15/biden-extremist-jewish-settlers-travel-ban-loophole

Many of the estimated 60,000 Americans living in the West Bank outside of occupied East Jerusalem moved to settlements for the lifestyle and have little to do with the Palestinians on whose land they live. But a core of ideologically driven US citizens were at the forefront of building religious settlements on land expropriated from Palestinians while others have led the rise of what has been described as “settler terrorism”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/31/west-bank-palestinian-villages-israeli-army-settlers

But after weeks of intense settler violence in the aftermath of the Hamas attack on Israel on 7 October, Zanuta’s 150 residents have made a collective decision to leave. Armed settlers – some in reservist army uniforms, some covering their faces – have begun breaking into their homes at night, beating up adults, destroying and stealing belongings, and terrifying the children.

After decades of a desperate fight to cling on to their land, the community has decided they have lost.

On Monday, men and women cried as they dismantled their homes and haphazardly packed solar panels, animal feed and personal belongings on to pickup trucks. The noise of the demolition drowned out the bleating from the animal pens and threw up dust and debris that tore at the eyes and throat.

Not just in The Guardian
https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-2021-american-immigrants-again-moved-to-settlements-far-more-than-other-arrivals/

And a tale of  American Palestinians, and their experience of the settler movement

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/07/27/israel-settlers-rampage-palestinian-americans-west-bank-hometown

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Just  listening to  Soldier Blue by Buffy Sainte Marie and it brought the thought that Israel are doing to Gaza what the America did to the indigenous  Americans . Wiped them out and stole their land .

Absolutely correct.  That was Genocidal too  and actress Jane Fonda fought the government for years for better treatment of those who were left on reservations.

Australia were not much better in their treatment of the Aborigines.  It's shocking when you read about them and the way they have been treated by government when the country was theirs.

16 minutes ago, mafya said:

Just came accross this and it states that 85% of Hamas fighters are orphans of the decades long wars with Israel. Going on this it seems that when it is said that killing innocent people will create more future terrorists it is a true assumption =
https://www.husseinhamid.com/post/understanding-hamas

They are not like Al Qaeda or ISIS but more of militant resistant fighters against Israeli occupation forces.

However, in this wave of Israeli-Palestinian conflicts, I finally understood what is Hamas.

Earlier, Abu, the spokesman for the "Qassam Brigades", the most elite force under Hamas, spoke publicly. He said: "85% of the members of our force are orphans of the wars of the past few decades. Their parents and family members all died in the war. They have no relatives, no houses, no studies, no jobs, and no future. All they have is endless bombings and a dark and underground life. Now, these children have grown up and become our death warriors."

Indeed, there are no born terrorists in the world. These children who grew up in the ruins were all forced to become Hamas by bombs and extermination

Where do they get the 85% figure from?

I can only read what I've pasted on here as the page refuses to load up properly for me.

Edited by The_DADDY

15 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

They are not like Al Qaeda or ISIS but more of militant resistant fighters against Israeli occupation forces.

However, in this wave of Israeli-Palestinian conflicts, I finally understood what is Hamas.

Earlier, Abu, the spokesman for the "Qassam Brigades", the most elite force under Hamas, spoke publicly. He said: "85% of the members of our force are orphans of the wars of the past few decades. Their parents and family members all died in the war. They have no relatives, no houses, no studies, no jobs, and no future. All they have is endless bombings and a dark and underground life. Now, these children have grown up and become our death warriors."

Indeed, there are no born terrorists in the world. These children who grew up in the ruins were all forced to become Hamas by bombs and extermination

Where do they get the 85% figure from?

I can only read what I've pasted on here as the page refuses to load up properly for me.

It’s in the 3rd paragraph 

Just now, mafya said:

It’s in the 3rd paragraph 

Yes, I saw that bit. I pasted all I could see on the page but it wasn't loading up properly so i assume theres text that i missed. What I mean Is where do they get the 85% figure from for the article?

Has it been corroborated by anyone else? 

55 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yes, I saw that bit. I pasted all I could see on the page but it wasn't loading up properly so i assume theres text that i missed. What I mean Is where do they get the 85% figure from for the article?

Has it been corroborated by anyone else? 

This is from the article so it’s from a Hamas spokesman =

“Earlier, Abu, the spokesman for the "Qassam Brigades", the most elite force under Hamas, spoke publicly. He said: "85% of the members of our force are orphans of the wars of the past few decades. Their parents and family members all died in the war. They have no relatives, no houses, no studies, no jobs, and no future. All they have is endless bombings and a dark and underground life. Now, these children have grown up and become our death warriors."

2 minutes ago, mafya said:

This is from the article so it’s from a Hamas spokesman =

“Earlier, Abu, the spokesman for the "Qassam Brigades", the most elite force under Hamas, spoke publicly. He said: "85% of the members of our force are orphans of the wars of the past few decades. Their parents and family members all died in the war. They have no relatives, no houses, no studies, no jobs, and no future. All they have is endless bombings and a dark and underground life. Now, these children have grown up and become our death warriors."

Yes, I saw that.

Let me ask another way. Where did Abu get his 85% figure from.

By what method did he arrive at 85%?