Did Sheffield Council Mislead About The Demolition Of Historic Market Tavern?

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Much better raised to the ground, I wont be shedding any tears. You wont change my mind on that either.

Oh I'm not trying to, it would be a futile effort, but IMO it's a very shallow, one-dimensional mind that is incapable of seeing past the current state of any given run-down building, with all due respect.

49 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Ah OK, let's just keep every derelict building standing then just in case someone might want to do something with it years down the line. Very progressive. 

Just think of all the derelict buildings, or buildings in ruins,that would have disappeared if they had been pulled down Just because someone didn't have the foresight "to do something with it".

10 minutes ago, Meltman said:

Just think of all the derelict buildings, or buildings in ruins,that would have disappeared if they had been pulled down Just because someone didn't have the foresight "to do something with it".

Fair enough if they are, you know, actually historically relevant. 

This was a pub. An old pub. And not particularly old really. I don't understand the mourning for it. 

9 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Fair enough if they are, you know, actually historically relevant. 

This was a pub. An old pub. And not particularly old really. I don't understand the mourning for it. 

That's fair enough too. 

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I read that the building in question has asbestos. What is being done to prevent the public from getting asbestosis from the air as they pull it down?

Controlled demolition - and as I understand it, the asbestos has been removed - the claimed defects were discovered during the operation.

Edited by RollingJ
  • Like 1