1 hour ago, Cyclunt said:

And there lies the problem. You forgot to mention my "unkind" stab at bald people and people that wear glasses. Do they not deserve your sympathy too? I myself am bald, and a spectacle wearer..... and guess what? I dont get offended at jokes or jibes aimed at my "issues". The reason for this is because I was born early enough to not be obsessed with getting offended at everything, unlike the wetwipes that walk our earth today. Am I sorry that you took exception to my description of fatties?

No. I'm not. XX

12 minutes ago, Cyclunt said:

I cant control how other people feel. That is their issue, not mine. Take these gender people for example. They cant decide what they are, but want to identify as something they are not. That may be acceptable in their heads, but it does not mean I have to accept it just because they do. So if, as you say other people may or may not be offended, then that is entirely thier issue. Why in the name of god should I be told what I can or cannot think when the subject matter is absolutely unhealthy? Nobody is born fat, overweight or anything else other than male or female, which proves society is at fault for firstly causing it, and secondly responsible for allowing it to continue by making these traits excusable and unchallenged. I understand that you may take issue with this, but for comparison with how pathetic we have become can be seen by comparing Douglas Bader to some purple haired goon who glues themselves to the M11. 

Lunacy.

WOW & spot :clap:

The work place was built on sarcasm - you took as much as you gave, if someone got the better of yer, yer didn't go Bo-Ho-Ho you bided your time :hihi:

It's a good job the workplace we knew has gone - we'd all be locked up , sued and put in muzzles.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

The work place was built on sarcasm - you took as much as you gave, if someone got the better of yer, yer didn't go Bo-Ho-Ho you bided your time :hihi:

It's a good job the workplace we knew has gone - we'd all be locked up , sued and put in muzzles.

They say we must move with the times, but they didn’t mention that it included removing every fibre of humour we may have. While ever we have appeasement, we will have no other choice than to laugh with out heads in a bag. 

God, that was deep 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Cyclunt said:

I cant control how other people feel. That is their issue, not mine. Take these gender people for example. They cant decide what they are, but want to identify as something they are not. That may be acceptable in their heads, but it does not mean I have to accept it just because they do. So if, as you say other people may or may not be offended, then that is entirely thier issue. Why in the name of god should I be told what I can or cannot think when the subject matter is absolutely unhealthy? Nobody is born fat, overweight or anything else other than male or female, which proves society is at fault for firstly causing it, and secondly responsible for allowing it to continue by making these traits excusable and unchallenged. I understand that you may take issue with this, but for comparison with how pathetic we have become can be seen by comparing Douglas Bader to some purple haired goon who glues themselves to the M11. 

Lunacy.

Yes, the world would be a much nicer place if we all went around insulting everyone doesn’t fit with our ideals?  I don’t think anyone is disputing that being fat is unhealthy. What I am saying is that making unkind, unfunny jokes at someone else’s expense very rarely motivates them to take positive action to improve their health.  And if your concern is indeed that fat people should lose weight for health reasons, rather than just because you get some sort of pleasure out of making derogatory remarks then I suggest (again) that you keep your comments to yourself.

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

Banter is fun amongst people that know each well.  Making jokes about strangers online is not the same thing really.  The world has moved on from the ‘workplace you knew’ because of this new fangled internet thingy.  Having a joke/banter with  mates at work still goes on.  Making nasty comments online is not the same thing.

1 minute ago, pfifes said:

Yes, the world would be a much nicer place if we all went around insulting everyone doesn’t fit with our ideals?  I don’t think anyone is disputing that being fat is unhealthy. What I am saying is that making unkind, unfunny jokes at someone else’s expense very rarely motivates them to take positive action to improve their health.  And if your concern is indeed that fat people should lose weight for health reasons, rather than just because you get some sort of pleasure out of making derogatory remarks then I suggest (again) that you keep your comments to yourself.

I can only assume that you are fat, and taking exemption from this. I can only suggest (AGAIN) that lardiness is of no interest to me when the lard buckets in question demand respect for their inability to stay out of the fridge. We are what we eat. Nobody is big boned. Nobody. We are biologically capable of retaining a healthy weight. To remain otherwise has no excuses, and being nice is most certainly not the answer. My mother in law once asked me if her new dress made her backside look big. I told her that it wasnt the dress that made it look big. She laughed, and still does to this day. In fact, she was round last weekend and asked me where last Christmas photos were, and I told her that her picture was still printing. 

Life's too short to lose our inability to laugh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Cyclunt said:

I can only assume that you are fat, and taking exemption from this. I can only suggest (AGAIN) that lardiness is of no interest to me when the lard buckets in question demand respect for their inability to stay out of the fridge. We are what we eat. Nobody is big boned. Nobody. We are biologically capable of retaining a healthy weight. To remain otherwise has no excuses, and being nice is most certainly not the answer. My mother in law once asked me if her new dress made her backside look big. I told her that it wasnt the dress that made it look big. She laughed, and still does to this day. In fact, she was round last weekend and asked me where last Christmas photos were, and I told her that her picture was still printing. 

Actually no.  This isn’t about me taking things personally. I do however find life is much nicer being pleasant and considerate rather than throwing insults around.  

As for your example, that exchange is between people who know each well.  Which is not the same as making an unkind remark to a stranger or hiding behind a keyboard.  I will reiterate that banter between mates, close family etc is one thing.  Making nasty comments to a stranger is quite another.

Anyway, I’ll leave this now as this is  probably going to go around in circles as I don’t think you want to reflect on your behaviour.  I could quite easily have responded to you by throwing insults in return for some of your comments but have chosen not to.  

1 hour ago, Cyclunt said:

I can only assume that you are fat, and taking exemption from this. I can only suggest (AGAIN) that lardiness is of no interest to me when the lard buckets in question demand respect for their inability to stay out of the fridge. We are what we eat.

Nobody is big boned. Nobody. We are biologically capable of retaining a healthy weight. To remain otherwise has no excuses, and being nice is most certainly not the answer. My mother in law once asked me if her new dress made her backside look big. I told her that it wasnt the dress that made it look big. She laughed, and still does to this day. In fact, she was round last weekend and asked me where last Christmas photos were, and I told her that her picture was still printing. 

I bought some tripe from't market today 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pfifes said:

Actually no.  This isn’t about me taking things personally. I do however find life is much nicer being pleasant and considerate rather than throwing insults around.  

As for your example, that exchange is between people who know each well.  Which is not the same as making an unkind remark to a stranger or hiding behind a keyboard.  I will reiterate that banter between mates, close family etc is one thing.  Making nasty comments to a stranger is quite another.

Anyway, I’ll leave this now as this is  probably going to go around in circles as I don’t think you want to reflect on your behaviour.  I could quite easily have responded to you by throwing insults in return for some of your comments but have chosen not to.  

Feel free to throw whatever you like!! I promise I wont be offended at all. Just like the large lady on the beach didnt get offended when the lifeguard asked her to pack up her towel and move because the tide was waiting to come in.

53 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

I bought some tripe from't market today 😀

In that case, im a crabstick 😆

• Like 1

On 25/01/2024 at 20:57, Cyclunt said:

Its the same with profiles on dating sites.

1. Cuddly.............................Fat

2. Bubbly.............................Fat

3. Curvy...............................Fat

4. Likes Eating Out......... Fat and Greedy.

5. Likes Nights In..............Fat and Lazy

Thing is, being a lard asre these days is acceptable.  We probably had one fat kid in our school back in the 70,s, so I agree its todays society that has created these modern day Frankensteins. Saying that, theres some remarkable Tiktoks available showing how both men and women have lost weight dramatically through healthy habits. I dont particularly think theres anything attractive about someone who has rolls of lard spewing out of their clothing. That may sound harsh, but im being honest. If I see an attractive female, I obviously think to myself 'ooh, she's nice"..... but if I see a big fat lass, the first thing I think to myself is "I bet she can fart".

Sorry but what on this good earth is being fat got to do with farting 😂?  I’ve known plenty of skinny people let some right old rippers out I can tell you!

In my personal experience, I do believe that teenage boys (of all sizes) are the worst farting offenders 💨💨💨💨

• Haha 1