1 minute ago, Axe said:

Hanging is the simplest form and most economical.   No need to complicate the process. 

Hanging depends on the skill and experience of the hangman and often goes wrong elsewhere.

Albert Pierrepoint was exceptional among his fellow workers but even so,  most enlightened people,  including Pierrepoint himself,  believe that the death penalty belongs in the dark ages.

I agree with Mr Bundy that shooting is probably the quickest and most reliable option but it shouldn't be an option in a civilised world.

Anyone who unlawfully denies a person the right to life should be punished by forfeiture of their own. 

Only the WEAK believe that there should be no death penalty. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have we not progressed beyond 'an eye for an eye?'

I admit there are some cases that are unforgivable, and I understand why people call for the death penalty, but we have to do better than this. It is proven to not be a deterrant.

Too many mistakes, mitigating circumstances, mental illness, redemption and many other reasons for thinking again in a civilised society.

Having to Find new legal ways to execute people is pretty abhorent to me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

totally for the death penalty in circumstances where there is no doubt, this method was unnecessary a bullet should be the only option to the head. cheap , free of complications , even a machine could fire the fatal shot.