43 minutes ago, Resident said:

Anyone who unlawfully denies a person the right to life should be punished by forfeiture of their own. 

Only the WEAK believe that there should be no death penalty. 

Even if in agreement in principle, the fact remains that there have been far too many mistakes and miscarriages of justice in the past.  Frankly I don’t trust our police or justice system enough apart from anything else. 

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Having read eye witness accounts I must admit to it making me feel uncomfortable.

Wouldn't it be easier and more humane to just shoot him?

It doesn’t sound much more sophisticated than suffocating with a plastic bag.

Surely Dignitas achieve the same end in a better way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cuttsie said:

By nitrogen gas in Alabama USA . Is it a backward step for humanity.

The "backward step" started when:

Sennett was found dead in her home March 18, 1988, with eight stab wounds in the chest and one on each side of her neck.

Smith was one of two men convicted in the killing. The other, John Forrest Parker, was executed in 2010.

Prosecutors said they were each paid $1,000 to kill Sennett on behalf of her pastor husband, who was deeply in debt and wanted to collect on insurance.

The husband, Charles Sennett Sr., killed himself when the investigation focused on him as a suspect, according to court documents.

33 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

I wonder if you would feel the same if it were one of your babies she murdered ?

There are no easy answers to that.  So in the absence of them all we can do is do what is for the greater good.  And that is not executing people for murder.  Because mistakes can be made (and have been too many times) and a wrongly executed person can’t be resurrected. So I could equally ask how would you feel if that happened to your son or daughter?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Think its  Arizona that brought back death by firing squad.

A lot of this is due to pharmaceutical companies not wanting to be linked to supplying the drugs used to kill people.

The Innocence Project should give any pro death penalty people pause 

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Having read eye witness accounts I must admit to it making me feel uncomfortable.

Wouldn't it be easier and more humane to just shoot him?

Probably,  and the victims family should be given the honour of doing it.