It's Getting Ridiculous Now.

24 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Afternoon Tom, good night out?

I didn't see any posts making excuses for the monkey gesture, not one.  Plenty giving reasons and excuses for booing him though.

Kneeling whether you like it or not is associated with the BLM. movement, a movement that has had leaders and associates up in court on fraud charges, I personally wouldn't boo the kneeling but I can understand why some do, it doesn't automatically make them racist. However the booing of it last night was not a good luck, granted.

Every fan base has knobheads, always has, always will, this will never change but hopefully CCTV will help eradicate such individuals.

Palmer was booed because of his antics, not his colour.

Absolutely no problem with booing Palmer. I might have shouted one or two things myself during the league match😁

There was a lot of pretty unpleasant stuff on Owlstalk and on Twitter after the monkey incident. Loads of people who were fine with it, because Palmer had been winding the crowd up.

It isn’t fine, never will be fine and every decent fan needs to make sure that it is called out.

He’s a properly good player too. Wish he was ours.

21 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

If you court controversy you run the risk of escalation, which is what happened, emotions were running high in that part of the stadium, had he let his football do the talking what followed wouldnt have happened.

If the bloke doing the monkey gestures was a fully paid up member of the human race, there would not have been an incident.

Absolutely no excuse for it at all.

Edited by Prettytom
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, deejayone said:

Did you get a ban?

No.  I don't want to run the risk of getting a ban for posting anything that doesn't conform to Neil's view, I know he can be very inconsistent with his moods.

I know you are very, very close to Neil so on behalf of myself and many others can you ask him why he behaves like a petulant child, allows a certain fan to threaten well liked posters and tells them to F-off constantly but refuses to clamp down on that and why he seems to get a kick out of badgering posters because they offer a different view?  He is alienating good and loyal members.

His behaviour and bias is incredibly juvenile for one in such a position and if it's for clicks or bites then I despair.

I will retract my calling him a cretin as I've never met him, so apologies for that.

Thanks

👍

Edited by Al Bundy

15 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

No.  I don't want to run the risk of getting a ban for posting anything that doesn't conform to Neil's view, I know he can be very inconsistent with his moods.

I know you are very, very close to Neil so on behalf of myself and many others can you ask him why he behaves like a child, allows a certain fan to threaten well liked posters and tells them to F-off constantly but refuses to clamp down on that and why he seems to get a kick out of badgering posters because they offer a different view? 

His behaviour and bias is incredibly juvenile for one in such a position.

I will retract my calling him a cretin as I've never met him, so apologies for that.

He needs to grow up.

Thanks

👍

Honestly, I’m not on Owlstalk as much nowadays, so I don’t know the full specifics.

Neil is very fair and tolerant for the most part, though; in fact, he often reins in knee-jerk moderating, etc. Well-liked or not, people are dealt with largely equally (I know personal friends of Neil and other moderators who have had suspensions and even permabans). There are always nuances, though, and moderating is very, very, very hard.

I’m sure the recent racism rows have had a big impact, though. To my (admittedly limited) knowledge, only those who have been openly racist or supported racist views have had any type of sanctions on there recently.

15 minutes ago, deejayone said:

Honestly, I’m not on Owlstalk as much nowadays, so I don’t know the full specifics.

Neil is very fair and tolerant for the most part, though; in fact, he often reins in knee-jerk moderating, etc. Well-liked or not, people are dealt with largely equally (I know personal friends of Neil and other moderators who have had suspensions and even permabans). There are always nuances, though, and moderating is very, very, very hard.

I’m sure the recent racism rows have had a big impact, though. To my (admittedly limited) knowledge, only those who have been openly racist or supported racist views have had any type of sanctions on there recently.

Fair comment, I know it must be extremely difficult to moderate!

I just know at least 4 of my friends hold the same view as me regarding his blatant bias and childish badgering and it's going to lose him well liked and good members. His allowing of that certain fan to repeatedly " offer folk out" and repeatedly telling good posters to F-off and to get out of our club was outrageous and equally disappointing.

Thanks for the reply.

Love your videos by the way.

👍

Edited by Al Bundy

Naa you're not alone with those views mate.

I find Owlstalk unbearable these days and the owner incapable of grown up debate.

You say anything that doesn't suit the narrative and you're belittled rather than debated. For that reason I don't bother anymore. Plenty of other forums to discuss Wednesday on with more balance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HillsboroughOwl said:

Naa you're not alone with those views mate.

I find Owlstalk unbearable these days and the owner incapable of grown up debate.

You say anything that doesn't suit the narrative and you're belittled rather than debated. For that reason I don't bother anymore. Plenty of other forums to discuss Wednesday on with more balance. 

I really don't understand why he is so petulant and juvenile. I don't get it.  It's almost as if he is trying to annoy folk for the hell of it.

His refusal to put a stop to a certain poster threatening members yesterday was incredibly poor, but I know why.

Edited by Al Bundy

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

I really don't understand why he is so petulant and juvenile. I don't get it.  It's almost as if he is trying to annoy folk for the hell of it.

His refusal to put a stop to a certain poster threatening members yesterday was incredibly poor, but I know why.

Why?

59 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwl said:

I didn't see any of that but not surprised. 

I'm happier just not bothering on there anymore. Impossible to have a discussion, especially when posts challenging the narrative get deleted. 

What narrative?

19 minutes ago, deejayone said:

Why?

What narrative?

Because the poster in question revealed himself to be of mixed race/black. It was outrageous the way he was going on, absolutely outrageous.

Calling good, popular posters racists with absolutely no evidence whatsoever, telling them to F off out of our club and threatening them with violence and he just let it go. I can assure you it's peed off rather a lot.

That's my opinion anyway.

Edited by Al Bundy