Sheffield Pro Football Is Crapp .

cuttsie

I'm not one to say I told you so, although I did, last season. It wasn't jealousy at all, we'd be exactly the same. The Premier League is just beyond both our clubs now unless of course one of us had a mega bucks owner lined up.

Why would you want to see your team hammered week in week out?

It's all about being competitive and serving up some decent football and good games. I said last week, united might as well have put 11 traffic cones out. They just can't compete. Not a dig, we'd be the exact same, possibly worse.

6 minutes ago, KP Nuts 2 said:

I'm not one to say I told you so, although I did, last season. It wasn't jealousy at all, we'd be exactly the same. The Premier League is just beyond both our clubs now unless of course one of us had a mega bucks owner lined up.

Why would you want to see your team hammered week in week out?

It's all about being competitive and serving up some decent football and good games. I said last week, united might as well have put 11 traffic cones out. They just can't compete. Not a dig, we'd be the exact same, possibly worse.

You had 11 traffic cones out today against the mighty  Uddersfield . 

I have always been a supporter of Sheffield promoting itself as the 'Home of Football'. Plus the birthplace of stainless steel. Two of this country's greatest exports.

I believe the new Sheffield FC ground at Meadowhead is to have a museum.

There was a thread on here last week about creating a new brand for Sheffield.

The city would be stupid to go down a route of using football in its promotion material. 

Embarrasing is an understatement.

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

cuttsie by comparison with the majority of clubs in the Prem the Blades are skint.  We simply can't compete with the amounts being spent and if we attempt to do so bankruptcy will be the result. https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/premier-league-squad-cost-millions-transfer-fees-man-utd-arsenal-chelsea-liverpool

Check that out, we're not at the races. Good luck to Luton, brilliant achievement so far, hope they survive but even  if they do they'll be down next season.

Please give it a rest with the parachute complaints. Clubs are given those payments in order to enable them to try to be competitive and sign players that need to ensure they get paid the amount agreed over the length of their contract even if relegated.

In order to qualify for those payments a club has to perform on the field of play and win promotion to the Premier League. United did that last season. Your club has failed to manage that so far this century, but I'm sure that when you finally do ( note when. not if ) you will not be complaining about parachute payments.

And yes, I agree with your thread title we are both crapp.

Clubs relegated from the Prem have an unfair advantage over the run-of-the-mill clubs in the next season's championship .

It has been proven time and time again .  the millions paid out in parachutes allows them to keep prem-standard players as well as add to the playing staff.  The clubs involved are not deemed to be living beyond their income because of the parachute money.  It is unfair .

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

You had 11 traffic cones out today against the mighty  Uddersfield . 

It was one-way traffic at the Lane .    The traffic lights were on green allowing Villa free access through the 11 blokes who were standing on their shovels watching the Villa go by, If Villa could be bothered that is most of the time they just played among themselves waiting for the match to end .

12 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Clubs relegated from the Prem have an unfair advantage over the run-of-the-mill clubs in the next season's championship .

It has been proven time and time again .  the millions paid out in parachutes allows them to keep prem-standard players as well as add to the playing staff.  The clubs involved are not deemed to be living beyond their income because of the parachute money.  It is unfair .

Life is unfair cuttsie, surely you understand that by now?

However, every club that is a member of the EFL and the PL knows and accepts the rules that they play under.

The difference in wealth between the PL and the Championship is such that it's necessary to provide a ' safety blanket ' for promoted clubs.

Without it they would have no chance of signing quality players on big money and being able to assure them that whatever happens they will get their money over the length of the contract.

I agree it's unfair and it isn't working because the gap in wealth is too great. Football has sold its soul for money, it's no longer the game it was.

The only way clubs like ours can survive is by developing youth and accepting that we are selling clubs. At the last European International final between England and Italy four of the England squad were United Academy players, which shows we are doing something right. Not one of them still played for us, showing that we still have a long way to go.

C'est la vie

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

It was one-way traffic at the Lane .    The traffic lights were on green allowing Villa free access through the 11 blokes who were standing on their shovels watching the Villa go by, If Villa could be bothered that is most of the time they just played among themselves waiting for the match to end .

What a goal between friends eh?

Losing 4-0 or 5-0, you’ve had a thrashing either way.

Let’s face it - both Sheffield teams have been hammered today. Big time.

Edited by PapaLazarou
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...