Morons On Roundabouts

9 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I've had my fill of them. Stupid, brain dead, can't drive a car and operate indicators at the same time idiots that seem to be everywhere these days. They need their licenses removing until they learn to INDICATE THE WAY THEY INTEND TO GO AND NOT SOME RANDOM AND COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DIRECTION THAT BARES NO RELATION TO WHERE YOU JUST INDICATED!!!

A POX ON YOU!!!!

True and then there are the idiots who lndicate late letting people know they have turned instead of indicating where they intend to turn. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Well said echo. After 43 years of driving buses and coaches for a living (and still have a clean licence) I’ve couldn’t wait to get away from driving nearly 2 years ago. And I haven’t missed it for a single second.

Also I’ve noticed the modern design of wafer thin front indicators are very difficult to see from certain angles.

German car designers know the indicator light is insignificant in their design so they turn the headlight off so you can see it! Bonkers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Longcol said:

"Don't Indicate, I'll guess where yer going,

Left, right, straight on, there's no way of knowing

All I ask is some indication

And that you've taken your medication"

Superb Longcol quite Superb, Thank You.

Should be in the Key of 'Grr' though 😀:thumbsup:

Years ago, I was on the Owler Bar roundabout having entered from the road from Totley.

I was heading towards Baslow (3rd exit) so entered the roundabout in the right hand lane. Got past the first exit (where Moorlands is) and proceeded along where the roundabout is a bit straighter. 

Only to discover a car coming in the other direction!

Not sure who was more shocked, me or him - I swerved over to the other lane and we passed each other while I gesticulated my thoughts about his actions.

Morons on roundabouts indeed!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I've had my fill of them. Stupid, brain dead, can't drive a car and operate indicators at the same time idiots that seem to be everywhere these days. They need their licenses removing until they learn to INDICATE THE WAY THEY INTEND TO GO AND NOT SOME RANDOM AND COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DIRECTION THAT BARES NO RELATION TO WHERE YOU JUST INDICATED!!!

A POX ON YOU!!!

NUMBER ONE PIECE OF ADVICE !

When waiting to get out onto as roundabout (or any give way junction) NEVER look right until the vehicle in front of you has clearly moved off onto the roundabout. If you do you are opening yourself up to the number one accident (which most people have had at some time) : they start moving, you look right and think you have time to get out and so you move off (whilst looking right), but the car in front changes its mind and stops = rear ender (and your fault....).

As an aside I tend to think it's slightly unfair it is always 100% the fault of the car behind as by definition the vehicle in front has actually made a mistake !

Edited by Chekhov
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, whiteowl said:

Years ago, I was on the Owler Bar roundabout having entered from the road from Totley.

I was heading towards Baslow (3rd exit) so entered the roundabout in the right hand lane. Got past the first exit (where Moorlands is) and proceeded along where the roundabout is a bit straighter. 

Only to discover a car coming in the other direction!

Not sure who was more shocked, me or him - I swerved over to the other lane and we passed each other while I gesticulated my thoughts about his actions.

Morons on roundabouts indeed!!

Sorry about that. 

Must have had a dodgy pint at Fanny's.

😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

NUMBER ONE PIECE OF ADVICE !

When waiting to get out onto as roundabout (or any give way junction) NEVER look right until the vehicle in front of you has clearly moved off onto the roundabout. If you do you are opening yourself up to the number one accident (which most people have had at some time) : they start moving, you look right and think you have time to get out and so you move off (whilst looking right), but the car in front changes its mind and stops = rear ender (and your fault....).

As an aside I tend to think it's slightly unfair it is always 100% the fault of the car behind as by definition the vehicle in front has actually made a mistake !

I think that’s a case of assuming the driver in front has the same perception as you and you would proceed, so you think that because they’re moving forward they have gone when you would have.

There is also the rare  occasion when they can stall or their engine cuts out when setting off.

Best to drive like everyone one the road is an idiot and will do the most unlikely and dangerous thing possible! Read the road.

echo.

Edited by echo beach
  • Like 2

One other thing, you should never overtake any vehicle on the inside on a roundabout because that vehicle WILL be turning left at some point, that is an absolute certainty......