London Chemical Attack

1 minute ago, Jim Hardie said:

If he isn’t caught in the next 24 hours there’s got to be the possibility that he’s forced or tricked his way into somebody’s house.

I think there is more chance he will be trying to leave the country hidden in a lorry or something..

Here's the rest.

Footage shows him running around a car stopped in the middle of the road before getting into the driver’s seat.

In front of the vehicle, a woman and child are seen holding their hands up. Then, the man drives the car into the woman, striking her.

He is then seen getting out of the car and opening the back door before appearing to remove a child, who is thrown hard onto the ground.

One witness described it as the “most horrific thing I have ever seen”.

As residents rushed out to help, the woman was heard screaming, “my eyes, my eyes”.

It soon became clear that a chemical substance had been poured over the woman and her two children.

Ezedi is suspected of attacking the 31-year-old mother of three and her two girls, aged three and eight, with an unknown alkaline substance.

It is understood the victims, who have not been named and have suffered life-changing injuries, are known to him.

Shannon Christi, a mother of three who lives in a block of flats at the end of the road, stepped in to save the two children.

The 35-year-old bus driver said: “I heard the commotion and I ran outside. I saw a little girl being thrown to the floor. At that point, I ran in and grabbed her off the floor. I heard her mum shouting ‘I can’t see, I can’t see’. So I called my partner to get some water.

“Staff at the hospital then came round and doused her with water. At that point, my skin started to tingle. Me and the little girl went into the block to wash our eyes and faces with water.

“The mum was walking along the street but she couldn’t see anything. [The suspect] ran straight off and my partner chased him halfway down the street but he was wearing slippers.”

Emergency services raced to the scene and as they tried to help the victims, several workers sustained minor injuries from the chemical substance.

Three police officers were taken to hospital and another two received treatment.

Despite their life-changing injuries, the children and their mother were said to be in a stable condition.

Immediately after the attack, the woman was taken into the nearby Clapham South Belvedere Hotel, which houses refugees and vulnerable homeless people.

One resident said the woman was heard praying to Allah and crying as staff attempted to wash the caustic substance from her face.

The 26-year-old added: “She was praying to her God, she was praying to Allah. The kids were praying. The mother looked really bad. She was crying and a Romanian woman was trying to clean her face. They were helping the kids as well.”

Another said: “Everyone is saying the woman has been blinded as a result of this incident.”

Empty plastic bottles of water, blue rolls and corrosive substance wash canisters were strewn over the front patio of the hotel.

CCTV images captured on a road nearby shortly after the attack show a man, believed to be Ezedi, running before stumbling over a speed bump and tripping over a kerb.

Just over an hour after the attack, at 8:48pm, Ezedi was pictured in a Tesco store on Caledonian Road in the Islington area of north London, some seven miles away.

Images released by police showed the extent of the significant facial injuries sustained by Ezedi during the attack.

CCTV pictures show dark black marks covering his right eye, while the Afghan, wearing a blue top and black hoodie, clutches a bottle of water.

A nationwide manhunt was launched, with detectives warning Ezedi was a “dangerous individual”.

On Thursday night, a police car was parked just yards from Ezedi’s last known address in Byker.

Met Police Superintendent Gabriel Cameron said he had “no idea” of the suspect’s motive and denied knowing the relationship to his victim, but added that he was “wholeheartedly confident” Ezedi would be caught.

He added: “If you see him, do not approach.”

When this guy was convicted of the sexual offences he should have been deported and barred from ever claiming asylum in England.

Too many people are abusing the asylum system and it’s time the Govt looked into these kind of cases.

• Like 2

What a horrendous story.  It's hard to believe some of the things that now happen in this country.

God bless the poor woman and her two girls and I hope they have a speedy recovery although those injuries sound too severe for full recovery.

It seems she's the mother of three so I'm wondering where her other child is and if he / she is safe ?

Hope the police quickly have the perpetrator in custody and surely he will be booted out at the earliest possible opportunity.

It's hard to know what to say but it's impossible to say nothing after reading something so horrible and upsetting.

Here you go
https://archive.is/8U1lz

For future reference; I did post it on another thread, insert    archive.is/     in between https//:  and www.~ of the original URL
Is someone else has already archived it, then the resulting page might be available from behind the paywall; you can also archive links yourself, but sometimes it takes several hours to process and return a URL.

As for why his application for asylum was granted, after his previous conviction, seems very odd to me.
It's possible that he would have faced the death penalty for something if returned from whence he came.
I think this would make it impossible to deport him under our laws, had his application been rejected; in which case it might have seemed reasonable to accept him at the time.

On the other hand, if rejected and the deportation country refused to accept them back, capital punishment issues or or not, and that return country refused to let a deportee off the plane, how can we deport them?
He is apparently Afghani, so there might not be much leverage available, between us and the government there.
I can't offer a solution personally which would be totally effective.
Maybe tell any country which won't accept someone back, that we will refuse visas for any of their nationals until they accede to our request.

3 hours ago, mafya said:

When this guy was convicted of the sexual offences he should have been deported and barred from ever claiming asylum in England.

Too many people are abusing the asylum system and it’s time the Govt looked into these kind of cases.

His claim to have converted to Christianity is most likely ******** and was just a way of abusing the asylum system too, just like the Liverpool hospital bomber. I've seen this sort of stuff loads of times during my time at the Home Office. You also get quite a few people who are granted asylum because they state they're gay, and as soon as they're given permission to stay they bring a wife over on a spouse visa. I've also seen loads of passports belonging to people who have been granted asylum, and in their passports are immigration stamps showing they regularly visit the country they are supposedly scared to return to. The system is a complete joke.

5 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

Possibly some human rights lawyers and a judge have deemed it unsafe to deport him back home?

However proved to be unsafe to be in the UK.

There's a popular sci-fi show phrase that applies here, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."

9 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

His claim to have converted to Christianity is most likely ******** and was just a way of abusing the asylum system too, just like the Liverpool hospital bomber. I've seen this sort of stuff loads of times during my time at the Home Office. You also get quite a few people who are granted asylum because they state they're gay, and as soon as they're given permission to stay they bring a wife over on a spouse visa. I've also seen loads of passports belonging to people who have been granted asylum, and in their passports are immigration stamps showing they regularly visit the country they are supposedly scared to return to. The system is a complete joke.

Why is a person's religion a factor in the asylum process? 

I couldn't LEGALLY choose an employee based on that protected characteristic.

15 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

As for the returning home to the "unsafe" country, there was something in the news not long back about border security catching asylum seekers returning to their home country to visit family during religious holidays.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Resident said:

Why is a person's religion a factor in the asylum process? 

I couldn't LEGALLY choose an employee based on that protected characteristic.

It's usually due to fear of persecution in their home country, such as Christians in Pakistan who do actually get treated quite badly. A lot of the claims based on religion are nonsense though.

5 hours ago, mafya said:

The fact that he received a suspended sentence means that he wasn't eligible for a deportation order. 

The judge clearly didn't seem the sexual offence serous enough to warrant a harsher sentence or considered this person's character or background in their sentencing. 

And you can't ban people claiming asylum. How many times does it need to be said? 

You can remove, deport and ban from entering the UK. But if someone arrives and claims asylum you can't ignore it and put them on a plane.