London Chemical Attack

Just now, Delayed said:

They are. But in this case the subject only received a suspended sentence 

Interesting - how many have been deported then? And why he only got a suspended sentence is strange - possibly.

Why did he only get a suspended sentence and unpaid work order for the sexual assault on the girl? A sexual assault is a serious crime and the court should have imposed a stronger sentence.

Mind you look at what Cameron said about knife crime and how the Government were going to clamp down on it, yet look at how the numbers are rising especially in London.

The courts give out soft sentences and some criminals don't even get jail time so they not going to get jailed long enough to be deported. even if they continually offend. The answer is build more jails, the population is rising and there are not enough places that is why sentences are light.

At least one judge has shown some sense and allowed the names of the 2 that killed Brianna Ghey to be released.

I just had a look for deporting some one and found this on the Gov web site. 

Section 1: Grounds for deportation

13.1.1. A foreign national, who is not an Irish citizen, is liable for deportation where:

(a) they have been convicted of a criminal offence for which they have received a custodial sentence of at least 12 months; or

(b) the Secretary of State otherwise considers that the deportation of the foreign national is conducive to the public good; or

(c) they are the spouse, civil partner or child aged under 18 of a foreign national who is, or has been ordered to be, deported.

The courts give out soft sentences and some don't even get jail time so they not going to get jailed long enough to be deported. even if they continually offend.

Why did he only get a suspended sentence and unpaid work order for the sexual assault on the girl? A sexual assault is a serious crime and the court should have imposed a stronger sentence.

Mind you look at what Cameron said about knife crime and how the Government were going to clamp down on it, yet look at how the numbers are rising especially in London.

The courts give out soft sentences and some criminals don't even get jail time so they not going to get jailed long enough to be deported. even if they continually offend. The answer is build more jails, the population is rising and there are not enough places that is why sentences are light.

At least one judge has shown some sense and allowed the names of the 2 that killed Brianna Ghey to be released.

I just had a look for deporting some one and found this on the Gov web site.  Immigration Rules - Immigration Rules part 13: deportation - Guidance - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)  Look at the exclusion for deportation, who cares about their rights, put the rights of the people of this country first.

13.1.1. A foreign national, who is not an Irish citizen, is liable for deportation where:

(a) they have been convicted of a criminal offence for which they have received a custodial sentence of at least 12 months; or

(b) the Secretary of State otherwise considers that the deportation of the foreign national is conducive to the public good; or

(c) they are the spouse, civil partner or child aged under 18 of a foreign national who is, or has been ordered to be, deported.

The courts give out soft sentences and some don't even get jail time so they not going to get jailed long enough to be deported. even if they continually offend.

Apologies for the repeat post, I tried to edit my post but it said not located then it appeared, I edited it and it has reposted the post with the edit rather than just the edited post. I was going to delete the content of post 43 but now it will not let me edit  and only gives the option to quote.

28 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I just had a look for deporting some one and found this on the Gov web site.  Immigration Rules - Immigration Rules part 13: deportation - Guidance - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)  Look at the exclusion for deportation, who cares about their rights, put the rights of the people of this country first.

My Red Bold:

It's because they don't want them in jail due to the jails being already overcrowded,  and they don't want to spend more money on the prison service when they could give it to their pals in tax cuts.

They never think about clamping down on prisons so they are not such nice places to be and tackling the crime wave in that way.

Watching TV,  playing computer games,  etc etc.      What about lots and lots of work and very little  fun instead.

Also  -  Really and truly clamp down on drugs and alcohol in prisons  -  that should be quite easy if the will was there.

Make their prison time truly match their behaviour.

Maybe he got a suspended sentence because the prisons are full of people who shouldn't be there, including thousands of people who probably wouldn't have offended if we had functioning mental health services in this country, which we don't because of decades of underfunding exacerbated by savage cuts since 2010 to avoid marginal voters being financially affected by the bakers' crisis in 2008.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

My Red Bold:

It's because they don't want them in jail due to the jails being already overcrowded,  and they don't want to spend more money on the prison service when they could give it to their pals in tax cuts.

They never think about clamping down on prisons so they are not such nice places to be and tackling the crime wave in that way.

Watching TV,  playing computer games,  etc etc.      What about lots and lots of work and very little  fun instead.

Also  -  Really and truly clamp down on drugs and alcohol in prisons  -  that should be quite easy if the will was there.

Make their prison time truly match their behaviour.

Exactly it is all about the money, prison will rehabilitate a lot of offenders but there are a lot that couldn't care less and just reoffend. I wonder what the ratio of reoffenders to reformed prisoners was when they had hard labour and no tv's etc in their cells compared to today.