Killers Of Brianna Ghey

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Oh the melodramatics.

You hero.

🥰

Delbow is quite correct and proving that he speaks against racism.   Don't you agree with him ?

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Delbow is quite correct and proving that he speaks against racism.   Don't you agree with him ?

Oh absolutely I don't like racism but I fail to see the hatred of black and brown folk on here.

I see folk expressing concerns about certain subjects though especially crime and immigration.

Just now, Al Bundy said:

Oh absolutely I don't like racism but I fail to see the hatred of black and brown folk on here.

I see folk expressing concerns about certain subjects though especially crime and immigration.

There is certainly not as much as there used to be since a certain poster left us and others, as a result.  have toned it down a little.

There most definitely are concerns to be addressed and I agree with your definition of two of the most important.

In both cases unfortunately,  we have a situation where neither the ruling party,  nor the opposition,  have clear policies to deal with the problems,  and whilst we just coast along,  both are growing. 

Both parties need to work together to tackle them,  and with our electoral system,  that's never going to happen.

21 hours ago, Mister M said:

Really disturbed to find out that one of the killers of Brianna, had been moved to Brianna's school after she had already tried to poison one of the pupils at her previous school.

Killer was moved to Brianna Ghey's school after spiking younger girl - BBC News

Adults have to have DBS checks when working with children....but the teachers at the new school didn't know how disturbed she was.

I heard on news she also tried to poison Brianna even documented it in a diary.

18 hours ago, crookesey said:

Prison is supposed to scare off potential law breakers, the trouble is that it doesn’t appear to do so. :huh:

Perhaps that’s the thing about offenders, act impulsively reflect on the consequences at leisure. These two have got 20 years of reflection in front of them. Gonna be rough

16 hours ago, Delbow said:

I don't think it is either. It would be great if people stopped doing it - in the meantime I'm not going to sit back and let the one sided hatred of black and brown people just carry on without response.

Don’t forget the mantra «  I’m not racist , but….. » 

16 hours ago, Prettytom said:

This is quite a common thing.

Excluded kids usually turn up at their new school with very few people officially knowing the reason for their exclusion. I say “officially “ because the rumour mill often fills in the gaps.

There are good reasons for this. It gives the kid a chance of a new start, without all the baggage of their previous mistakes. I’m sure that quite a few kids take that opportunity and become better citizens as a result.

It can be unsettling though, the teachers dealing with potentially violent kids are often wary, to say the least. Maybe they need to know the kid’s history.

In this case, it has led to tragedy, although I doubt that the secrecy over the exclusion was a defining factor.

It’s a tricky choice really, schools exist to get the best out of kids, but they also need to protect the kids in their care.

According to the BBC, Barnsley Local Authority’s  got the highest school exclusion rate in the country. Presumably correlation between being poor and low educational achievement. Voting Brexit then doesn’t seem to have improved things. 

Edited by Ridgewalk
….
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Maybe if folk focussed on the crimes, rather than the race of the perpetrators, we’d have more fruitful discussions.

Men commit more crime than women.

Poor people commit more crime than the better off.

It really isn’t rocket science.

10 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Maybe if folk focussed on the crimes, rather than the race of the perpetrators, we’d have more fruitful discussions.

Men commit more crime than women.

Poor people commit more crime than the better off.

It really isn’t rocket science.

Well quite, however do you think focussing on the race of the perpetrators in this instance could help deal with the reasons and help experts tackle the problem?

Knife crime in London....

Despite making up only 13% of London's total population, black Londoners account for 45% of London's knife murder victims, 61% of knife murder perpetrators and 53% of knife crime perpetrators.