Killers Of Brianna Ghey

2 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Prison is supposed to scare off potential law breakers, the trouble is that it doesn’t appear to do so. :huh:

It doesn't seem to in America either.

No-one could describe the prisons over there as luxurious or a holiday camp, yet there doesn't seem to be a shortage of people wanting to go there.

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

Really disturbed to find out that one of the killers of Brianna, had been moved to Brianna's school after she had already tried to poison one of the pupils at her previous school.

Killer was moved to Brianna Ghey's school after spiking younger girl - BBC News

Adults have to have DBS checks when working with children....but the teachers at the new school didn't know how disturbed she was.

"Killer Scarlett Jenkinson was moved to a new school and met Brianna Ghey after drugging a younger pupil with a cannabis sweet, the BBC can reveal."

Schools deal with their own issues, they dont want bad media attension. We dont know if the police would have been interested in a child poisoning another child.

But social services should have been informed, not that they have enough power/staff/funding.

6 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Prison is supposed to scare off potential law breakers, the trouble is that it doesn’t appear to do so. :huh:

But what if they are not of sound mind?

3 minutes ago, El Cid said:

"Killer Scarlett Jenkinson was moved to a new school and met Brianna Ghey after drugging a younger pupil with a cannabis sweet, the BBC can reveal."

Schools deal with their own issues, they dont want bad media attension. We dont know if the police would have been interested in a child poisoning another child.

But social services should have been informed, not that they have enough power/staff/funding.

Well, the school which offloaded Jenkinson will certainly be getting a lot more attention now.

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

No, it isn't. Unless you're obsessed with colour that is. 

I don't think it is either. It would be great if people stopped doing it - in the meantime I'm not going to sit back and let the one sided hatred of black and brown people just carry on without response.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Snipped 

in the meantime I'm not going to sit back and let the one sided hatred of black and brown people just carry on without response.

I don't blame you. Who hates black and brown people on here? 

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

It doesn't seem to in America either.

No-one could describe the prisons over there as luxurious or a holiday camp, yet there doesn't seem to be a shortage of people wanting to go there.

Figures I came across whilst writing on a different thread; from a variety of sources, but mainly World Prison Brief
Norway       Prison population rate (per 100,000 of national population) 52      reoffending rate within 2 years of release about 20%

UK   E&W  Prison population rate (per 100,000 of national population) 145     reoffending rate within 1 year of release about 50% 60% in 2 years

UK   Scot    Prison population rate (per 100,000 of national population) 143

UK   N.I.      Prison population rate (per 100,000 of national population) 97
USA              Prison population rate (per 100,000 of national population) 531    reoffending rate seems to vary state to state from 62% down to 21%

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mister M said:

Really disturbed to find out that one of the killers of Brianna, had been moved to Brianna's school after she had already tried to poison one of the pupils at her previous school.

Killer was moved to Brianna Ghey's school after spiking younger girl - BBC News

Adults have to have DBS checks when working with children....but the teachers at the new school didn't know how disturbed she was.

This is quite a common thing.

Excluded kids usually turn up at their new school with very few people officially knowing the reason for their exclusion. I say “officially “ because the rumour mill often fills in the gaps.

There are good reasons for this. It gives the kid a chance of a new start, without all the baggage of their previous mistakes. I’m sure that quite a few kids take that opportunity and become better citizens as a result.

It can be unsettling though, the teachers dealing with potentially violent kids are often wary, to say the least. Maybe they need to know the kid’s history.

In this case, it has led to tragedy, although I doubt that the secrecy over the exclusion was a defining factor.

It’s a tricky choice really, schools exist to get the best out of kids, but they also need to protect the kids in their care.

12 hours ago, Delbow said:

I don't think it is either. It would be great if people stopped doing it - in the meantime I'm not going to sit back and let the one sided hatred of black and brown people just carry on without response.

Oh the melodramatics.

You hero.

🥰