Proposed Bus Changes April 2024

Guest busdriver1
8 hours ago, Andy C said:

The X78 (to become X3) will still run to Doncaster, it'll just use a different route from Sheffield to Rotherham (the route the X1 and X10 currently use)

The X1 and X10 will run via the current X78 route from Sheffield to Rotherham then as now on to Maltby, however one bus per hour will continue beyond Maltby to Doncaster via an amended version of the existing route 10.

So Sheffield and Meadowhall gets more buses through to Doncaster, not less.

opportunity for a trolley dolly on the extra trip due to the time it will take , know of anyone that could fill the void?

On 04/02/2024 at 19:44, Irene Swaine said:

Routing the X78 away from Meadowhall will detract a lot of custom from the Meadowhall-Doncaster part of the network. Only one bus per hour to Meadowhall from Doncaster won't prove popular. 

There is a very good rail service from Doncaster to Meadowhall and only takes 15 minutes.

Adding all the traffic mayhem on the road it must take three times as long on a bus

Guest busdriver1
13 hours ago, Cody's Granddad said:

There is a very good rail service from Doncaster to Meadowhall and only takes 15 minutes.

Adding all the traffic mayhem on the road it must take three times as long on a bus

Average is about 19 minutes and very frequent

2 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

And there is an exceedingly good rail service from Sheffield to Meadowhall but we do still need buses running. You may as well say we don't need the trams there as well.....

7 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

And there is an exceedingly good rail service from Sheffield to Meadowhall but we do still need buses running. You may as well say we don't need the trams there as well.....

Horses for courses, @Irene Swaine - not everyone who uses the buses (or trams) is only going to MH, and they have to get to there somehow - if they go via MH, it is an alternative.

9 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

I'm presuming that is on a Sunday or when the roads are clear though I don't doubt the timing it doe seem quick in 19 minutes.

I have never got the bus to Doncaster only got the train and it is very quick 

2 minutes ago, Cody's Granddad said:

I'm presuming that is on a Sunday or when the roads are clear though I don't doubt the timing it doe seem quick in 19 minutes.

I have never got the bus to Doncaster only got the train and it is very quick 

busdriver1 was referring to the train.

Guest busdriver1
9 hours ago, RollingJ said:

busdriver1 was referring to the train.

No that is the average time for a bus journey.