Proposed Bus Changes April 2024

Guest busdriver1
2 hours ago, Planner1 said:

SYMCA do fund subsidised services.

Remind me how thats working out ..................

As I said on another thread, the fresh air carrying city clipper buses are an absurd waste of public money. They don't even connect the railway station with the city properly. A better use of funds would be to axe the city clipper and use the funds saved to offer a complimentary tram journey for National Rail ticket holders from Sheffield station, as far as cathedral. Reopen Leopold Street to buses so that people can have a direct link to Orchard Square etc.

Make the city attractive to tourists and residents.

• Like 1

Guest busdriver1
6 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

As I said on another thread, the fresh air carrying city clipper buses are an absurd waste of public money. They don't even connect the railway station with the city properly. A better use of funds would be to axe the city clipper and use the funds saved to offer a complimentary tram journey for National Rail ticket holders from Sheffield station, as far as cathedral. Reopen Leopold Street to buses so that people can have a direct link to Orchard Square etc.

Make the city attractive to tourists and residents.

Not too bad an idea then you mention tourists visiting Sheffield and make it clear you were just joking.

13 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Who decided to spend £500,000 on a service to carry fresh air, that duplicates services already running?

Your elected representatives.

For a long time, politicians have wanted to have a free city centre bus loop like the ones they have in Manchester. 

I recall the question being asked on here and elsewhere by members of the public, “why can’t we have one of those?”

The thing that stopped it happening before was lack of funding. Now they found some.

9 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

For a long time, politicians have wanted to have a free city centre bus loop like the ones they have in Manchester. 

I recall the question being asked on here and elsewhere by members of the public, “why can’t we have one of those?”

The thing that stopped it happening before was lack of funding. Now they found some.

The points are (1 )It isn't free (2) It duplicates other routes (3) If 'the public' wanted it, why don't they use it?

26 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Maybe someone's uncovered a hidden stash while digging up the castle foundations? :hihi:

42 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Our 'elected representatives' - oh, you mean Dan Jarvis and Terry Fox - a great pair of guys.

'politicians have wanted'  - that says it all, really.

• Like 1