Memories Of Sheffield Forum

6 hours ago, Padders said:

She certainly was Mr. Hauxwell.

Controversial, and a bit of a bad girl!

We need more characters like Irene on the forum.

Life is full of odd-balls, Hurricane Higgins, Ronnie O'sullivan, Paul Gascoigne, Eric Cantano, George Best, Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, John Mc'Enroe, Ilie Nastase, To name a few.

But guess what, we love em, they fill stadiums around the World.

Sadly I find that Forum discussions revolve mainly about Politics, Religion, and Wars, none of which appeal to me..

On reading this thread it seems that the old posters were well liked and extremely popular.

So lets bring back the humour, and dare I say it "The trolls"

Well said Padders 👏 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Agreed.

Not sure that Hecate was gagged, and she never really got out of control, or anything like that. However Checkov, just got ridiculous in the end. He turned every thread into one about Covid or himself. He liked to call others 'authoritarians', but seemed to be a bit of a control freak himself.

Agreed, Hecate was certainly in control of her thought processes and emotions. She would relay her thoughts and opinions with apparent ease. I think I maybe have even been slightly in awe of this! 

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

I had no idea that so many had died, my late grandfather always attempted to cheer folk up when someone they knew had died, he usuall said, ‘There are folk dying now who’ve never before’.

Should read ‘There are folk dying now who’ve never died before’

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Longcol said:

Nope - there was a mod called HappyHippy who died maybe ten years ago - had an avatar of one of the characters from Sesame Street.

He was a really nice bloke. I chatted to him in PM a lot in my forum days. I'll have a thought for him now, I think he had a young daughter, so she'll be an adult now. A genuine bloke who I wish I had had the chance to go for a beer with. 

22 hours ago, prince al said:

What happened to the moron Cyclone? 

Why use words like this, prince? 

Cyclone was far from a moron. He was logical and argued well and was straight forward. Just because people don't agree with someone, it doesn't make them a moron. 

1 hour ago, Draggletail said:

Rossrooney and Alcoblog, of course. Brings back memories of the old days. I mate of mine once confided in me that I actually knew Basilrathbon in real life. If he was right then Basil had two SF accounts. He recently started posting using his 'non basil' account if that makes sense.

Agree with you about  Padders and Daddy. :thumbsup:

I hadn't seen or spoken to Alcoblog for a few years, then in lockdown, because my name is the same name as his car mechanic, I recieved a phone call asking about his car... which confused me! When we realised the mistake, we laughed and we chatted for an hour. Great bloke. 

-

I think a lot of people probably moved to things like Twitter and other apps. Forums died off a bit when they all started. 

Edited by *_ash_*

6 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

I think a lot of people probably moved to things like Twitter and other apps. Forums died off a bit when they all started. 

Hi *_ash_*! I agree. I stopped posting  on SF ten years ago, but not for the reasons that you mention. I'm recently back, and posting on SF, dare I say it, has more 'depth' than FB and the like and is more fun, for me at least.

Nice to see your post. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

Agreed.

Not sure that Hecate was gagged, and she never really got out of control, or anything like that. However Checkov, just got ridiculous in the end. He turned every thread into one about Covid or himself. He liked to call others 'authoritarians', but seemed to be a bit of a control freak himself.

Hecate wasn't 'gagged' - she elected to leave after the current forum owner and she had what I, personally, considered to be a slight clash of opinion/personality. I got on well with both of them -  still do with SF - but Hecate for some reason took umbrage and asked for her account to be closed. A very sad loss to the forum, IMO,  because she was definitely one of the more intelligent and thoughtful contributors.

As to Checkov - he got what was coming.

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Hecate wasn't 'gagged' - she elected to leave after the current forum owner and she had what I, personally, considered to be a slight clash of opinion/personality. I got on well with both of them -  still do with SF - but Hecate for some reason took umbrage and asked for her account to be closed. A very sad loss to the forum, IMO,  because she was definitely one of the more intelligent and thoughtful contributors.

Amen to all of that.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I heard Chekhov got incapacitated due to Coronavirus . 😄

• Haha 3