Party Of Islam.

The Electoral Commission say they rejected the application

The Electoral Commission say they rejected the application (Image: Electoral Commission)

“If they decide to go and vote for a Party of Islam, Labour could be in massive trouble in those seats… I think this poses a really interesting question about what may happen at the next general election.

“Plenty of seats in this country could be turned by a party of Islam and what would that mean for Britain going forward, do you think, if we had a religion-based party gaining seats in the House of Commons?”

Following the article, the Electoral Commission has now said it has rejected the party's application.

• Like 1

The application was rejected at the end of October.

I didn't know of the application,  but agree that if there was a successful application it would indeed affect the Labour vote.

1 minute ago, cressida said:

I didn't know of the application,  but agree that if there was a successful application it would indeed affect the Labour vote.

My bold 

Yes, thankfully. I'm of the opinion that NO religious group should have political power. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, cressida said:

Yes they were rejected by the Electoral Commission, last October for not meeting their criteria.   How bad must the application be that they were turned down but the National Front & BNP met the criteria to be on the previous ballot papers?

I reckon your average Muslim would soon realise that it'd be pointless voting for the likes of the Party of Islam, should they ever get that far, as they'd be such a minority party, they'd always be hoping for a very tight  hung Parliament to have any chance of playing the role of 'King makers' & holding the other parties to ransom.   Your average Muslim would still realise that to better their lives it, Con, Lab or Lib Dems. 

If you think about it, When the NF & BNP weilded any real support in the 70's & 80's, their votes had no effect on the mainstream parties. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cressida said:

The Electoral Commission say they rejected the application

The Electoral Commission say they rejected the application (Image: Electoral Commission)

“If they decide to go and vote for a Party of Islam, Labour could be in massive trouble in those seats… I think this poses a really interesting question about what may happen at the next general election.

“Plenty of seats in this country could be turned by a party of Islam and what would that mean for Britain going forward, do you think, if we had a religion-based party gaining seats in the House of Commons?”

Following the article, the Electoral Commission has now said it has rejected the party's application.

Muslim Parliament of Great Britain

The Muslim Manifesto proposes setting up a "Council of Muslim Women in Britain", stating that "It is for Muslim women themselves to develop an Islamic lifestyle in the context of the needs of the Muslim community in Britain. It is also for Muslim women to play a major part in the public life of the Muslim community in Britain... The fact is that a Muslim woman cannot be a western woman... Muslim women have a higher and nobler place in society than the so-called "emancipated" women in the west".

There are laws on the British Statute Book that are in direct conflict with the laws of Allah; these relate to such matters as usury, abortion, homosexuality, gambling, sale and consumption of alcohol, and the abolition of capital punishment.

1 minute ago, carosio said:

The Muslim Manifesto proposes setting up a "Council of Muslim Women in Britain", stating that "It is for Muslim women themselves to develop an Islamic lifestyle in the context of the needs of the Muslim community in Britain. It is also for Muslim women to play a major part in the public life of the Muslim community in Britain... The fact is that a Muslim woman cannot be a western woman... Muslim women have a higher and nobler place in society than the so-called "emancipated" women in the west".

There are laws on the British Statute Book that are in direct conflict with the laws of Allah; these relate to such matters as usury, abortion, homosexuality, gambling, sale and consumption of alcohol, and the abolition of capital punishment.

Too bad - the laws of of the UK, not the laws of Allah, apply in the UK.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, carosio said:

My bold.

Wow, That's some messed up and very divisive thinking right there..

Underlined

Awwwww, didums. Thankfully there are many Muslim states that aren't in direct conflict with the laws of Allah. Maybe those who want to bring this ideology here should go and live in one of them? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1