Party Of Islam.

10 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

There are countries in the east where I would have to wear a hijab. There are countries in the middle east where homosexuality results in stoning to death and where infidelity results in stoning to death. 

We aren't talking about 60 years ago. We are talking about 2024.

By the same token, IMO we should insist on everyone coming into this country should abide by our laws and way of life.

We are in a unique(?) position of having Church of England immeshed into our monarchy, laws and customs which is all the excuse we need to insist they intigrate.

Instead we sometimes allow ourselves to be intimidated, even threatened, by their way of doing things.

That's just not on. 

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

By the same token, IMO we should insist that everyone coming into this country should abide by our laws and our way of life.

We are in a unique(?) position of having Church of England immeshed into our monarchy, laws and customs which is all the excuse we need to insist they intigrate.

Instead we sometimes allow ourselves to be intimidated, even threatened, by their way of doing things which is fundamentally changing our way of life. 

That's just not on. 

Edited by Anna B

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

By the same token, IMO we should insist on everyone coming into this country should abide by our laws and way of life.

Instead we sometimes allow ourselves to be intimidated, even threatened, by their way of doing things.

That's just not on. 

I do sometimes have a sense of some people wanting to have their cake and eat it.  This is free country and people can follow the religion of their choice or have no religion.  Therefore any incomers must accept that the price for being allowed into the country is that they must accept others will not follow their religion if they have one, and they must respect this.  

5 hours ago, Anna B said:

That's just not on. 

It says in the Quran that we should obey the law of the land we live=
https://www.abuaminaelias.com/obeying-law-non-muslim-countries/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, pfifes said:

I do sometimes have a sense of some people wanting to have their cake and eat it.  This is free country and people can follow the religion of their choice or have no religion.  Therefore any incomers must accept that the price for being allowed into the country is that they must accept others will not follow their religion if they have one, and they must respect this.  

There is no compulsion in the religion of Islam so you can’t force someone to follow the religion of Islam=
https://sunnahonline.com/library/the-majestic-quran/795-tafsir-of-chapter-002-verse-256-let-there-be-no-compulsion-in-religion

• Like 1

If I was going into a religious building other than my own church I wouldn't make a fuss about what I was required to wear,  as the Yanks say 'don't sweat the small stuff'.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cressida said:

If I was going into a religious building other than my own church I wouldn't make a fuss about what I was required to wear,  as the Yanks say 'don't sweat the small stuff'.

Hmmm, my ex used to say that to me a LOT.

I wonder what she meant? 🤔

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, mafya said:

There is no compulsion in the religion of Islam so you can’t force someone to follow the religion of Islam=
https://sunnahonline.com/library/the-majestic-quran/795-tafsir-of-chapter-002-verse-256-let-there-be-no-compulsion-in-religion

I wasn’t specifically referring to Islam.  Just religion in general.  As I said, I believe adults should allowed to believe in any religion or none at all.  This is a free country and anyone who has an issues with the implications of that should live in country with a likeminded belief system.