Party Of Islam.

18 hours ago, cressida said:

The Electoral Commission say they rejected the application

The Electoral Commission say they rejected the application (Image: Electoral Commission)

“If they decide to go and vote for a Party of Islam, Labour could be in massive trouble in those seats… I think this poses a really interesting question about what may happen at the next general election.

“Plenty of seats in this country could be turned by a party of Islam and what would that mean for Britain going forward, do you think, if we had a religion-based party gaining seats in the House of Commons?”

Following the article, the Electoral Commission has now said it has rejected the party's application.

The wedge failed this time, it'll try again with a thinner edge.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baz1 said:

Many Muslims in UK have also integrated into society- they don't need to stop from practicing their religion etc- just like Jews or Christians or other faiths.

Many follow laws of the country, as they should. But "way of life" is a different thing and entirely subjective.

Agreed that "way of life" is subjective without some context. "Society" is presumably meant in the context of a society as existed prior to mass immigration and to some extent after that. I would think that immigrants, asylum seekers and illegal entrants leave or escape their country of origin because our "way of life/society" was felt to be superior to theirs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carosio said:

Agreed that "way of life" is subjective without some context. "Society" is presumably meant in the context of a society as existed prior to mass immigration and to some extent after that. I would think that immigrants, asylum seekers and illegal entrants leave or escape their country of origin because our "way of life/society" was felt to be superior to theirs.

In that case, why would they want to impose their 'way of life/society' on us?

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

In that case, why would they want to impose their 'way of life/society' on us?

Good question, possibly because it's what is laid down in some religious texts which some wish to follow to the letter.

Edited by carosio
  • Like 1

Just now, carosio said:

Good question, possibly because it's what is laid down in some religious texts which some wish to follow to the letter.

If they wish to do that, they are at liberty to stay in their own country/emigrate to another that already exists under the same 'religion'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

If they wish to do that, they are at liberty to stay in their own country/emigrate to another that already exists under the same 'religion'.

Unfortunately that's not how it works. Whilst I'd argue that some Muslims come here for a better life with more freedoms and less restrictions,  the hard-core fanatics just want to conquer the west and impose their way of life and Sharia law on us. That's why they have so many kids and also why they are so vocal and aggressive in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Unfortunately that's not how it works. Whilst I'd argue that some Muslims come here for a better life with more freedoms and less restrictions,  the hard-core fanatics just want to conquer the west and impose their way of life and Sharia law on us. That's why they have so many kids and also why they are so vocal and aggressive in my opinion. 

Hopefully, they won't succeed - we left the Middle ages behind many years ago.

Just now, RollingJ said:

Hopefully, they won't succeed - we left the Middle ages behind many years ago.

Yes the thought of living in a society where gays are murdered, women have few to no rights and girls are routinely mutilated because a man says its the done thing isn't a society I want to be a part of. 

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yes the thought of living in a society where gays are murdered, women have few to no rights and girls are routinely mutilated because a man says its the done thing isn't a society I want to be a part of. 

Or me.

• Like 1