Party Of Islam.

On 05/02/2024 at 16:18, cressida said:

The Electoral Commission say they rejected the application

The Electoral Commission say they rejected the application (Image: Electoral Commission)

“If they decide to go and vote for a Party of Islam, Labour could be in massive trouble in those seats… I think this poses a really interesting question about what may happen at the next general election.

“Plenty of seats in this country could be turned by a party of Islam and what would that mean for Britain going forward, do you think, if we had a religion-based party gaining seats in the House of Commons?”

Following the article, the Electoral Commission has now said it has rejected the party's application.

I am having to tread very carefully here. We cannot have a religious party in charge of our country. The Islamic rules in many cases do not match the lifestyles of Western ways. I love a glass of wine. I love the freedom that we have pioneered in this country, women's right to vote, the right to listen to and play music. What would this mean for other religions such as Christianity? If an Islamic party are in power, then how can the church get funding ? What about the rights of homosexuals? I don't think religion should be brought in to politics. 

4 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I am having to tread very carefully here. We cannot have a religious party in charge of our country. The Islamic rules in many cases do not match the lifestyles of Western ways. I love a glass of wine. I love the freedom that we have pioneered in this country, women's right to vote, the right to listen to and play music. What would this mean for other religions such as Christianity? If an Islamic party are in power, then how can the church get funding ? What about the rights of homosexuals? I don't think religion should be brought in to politics. 

Always used to be said that the Church of England was "the conservative party at prayer".

https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front/downfall-of-the-bigots-6349125.html

4 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Serious question, why do western democracies impose western democracy onto Eastern countries then? 
western democracies do not fit eastern lifestyle s yet still it is forced by regime change etc  and like you don’t want Islamic rules imposed on you they don’t want western democracy imposed on them.

Do you understand the point I’m trying to make?

1 minute ago, mafya said:

Serious question, why do western democracies impose western democracy onto Eastern countries then? 

Snipped 

Because they run by are arrogant and greedy  globalists who do the bidding of big business. 

6 minutes ago, mafya said:

western democracies do not fit eastern lifestyle s yet still it is forced by regime change etc  and like you don’t want Islamic rules imposed on you they don’t want western democracy imposed on them.

Do you understand the point I’m trying to make?

We don't impose any western obligations on the east. If I went to an Islamic country, I'd need to wear a hijab and wouldn't be allowed alcohol... So no, I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

We don't impose any western obligations on the east. If I went to an Islamic country, I'd need to wear a hijab and wouldn't be allowed alcohol... So no, I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

He's confusing the west nicking their oil and minerals with the west wanting to tell them how to live. The powers that be don't give a toss what culture they follow. It's all about the goodies. 

The 'we will spread democracy ' line is just for the stupid to swallow. Anyone with a brain knows what it's all about. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Or Pakistan.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-Pakistani-attitude-towards-alcohol#:~:text=Alcohol is not allowed in,no prohibition for non-Muslims.

10 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Not, for example,  in Qatar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar

What about the way homosexuals are treated in Qatar? Do you remember the calls to boycott the sporting match (world cup??) last year because it was being held there? Ofcourse Linekar and Gary Neville, all the usual suspects were there that like to preach liberalism on X.