Party Of Islam.

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

What about the way homosexuals are treated in Qatar? 

You said if you went to an Islamic country you'd have to wear  a hijab and not allowed alcohol. Obviously not the case in some Islamic countries.

If you want to talk about gay rights in Islamic countries they vary from total tolerance to stone age.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_the_Middle_East#:~:text=All same-sex activity is,and the United Arab Emirates.

Less than 60 years ago homosexuality was illegal in the UK.

28 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

He's confusing the west nicking their oil and minerals with the west wanting to tell them how to live. The powers that be don't give a toss what culture they follow. It's all about the goodies. 

The 'we will spread democracy ' line is just for the stupid to swallow. Anyone with a brain knows what it's all about. 

I know what imposed so called western democracy really is, here is a good article=
https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1210160.shtml

7 minutes ago, mafya said:

I know what imposed so called western democracy really is, here is a good article=
https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1210160.shtml

It's not about democracy. It's about the goodies. 

I said at the time the 'Arab spring' was a western job, nothing to do with democracy and I was labeled everything from racist to conspiracy theorist.. some of the arguments people had were 'Don't you think those people deserve democracy ?' and 'What, you think Arabs can't do anything without the west's help?'

I mean wtf?????

Seriously, people can be so thick.

I don’t think anyone should be indoctrinated with religion (and that’s *ANY* religion) as a child.  Once people have reached adulthood they should be free to choose if they want to believe in mystical deity but adults have no right to impose religion on children.  
In medieval times religion was an oppressive force in this country and it took a long and difficult journey to move on from this.  
As I said, adults should be free to choose if they want follow a religion (that’s ANY religion just to be clear).  Equally no one should have religion forced on them. 

47 minutes ago, Longcol said:

You said if you went to an Islamic country you'd have to wear  a hijab and not allowed alcohol. Obviously not the case in some Islamic countries.

If you want to talk about gay rights in Islamic countries they vary from total tolerance to stone age.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_the_Middle_East#:~:text=All same-sex activity is,and the United Arab Emirates.

Less than 60 years ago homosexuality was illegal in the UK.

There are countries in the east where I would have to wear a hijab. There are countries in the middle east where homosexuality results in stoning to death and where infidelity results in stoning to death. 

We aren't talking about 60 years ago. We are talking about 2024.

32 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

It's not about democracy. It's about the goodies. 

I said at the time the 'Arab spring' was a western job, nothing to do with democracy and I was labeled everything from racist to conspiracy theorist.. some of the arguments people had were 'Don't you think those people deserve democracy ?' and 'What, you think Arabs can't do anything without the west's help?'

I mean wtf?????

Seriously, people can be so thick.

Link to those posts would be handy........................................

Just now, Longcol said:

Link to those posts would be handy........................................

I didn't just say it here, I told friends, family, work colleagues. They thought I was barmy. 

As for here You'll have to look for yourself. Im not sure which username I had at the time.

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

There are countries in the east where I would have to wear a hijab. 

Yep - but not all per your claim

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/489908-party-of-islam/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-8780503

If I went to an Islamic country, I'd need to wear a hijab and wouldn't be allowed alcohol... "

Glad we're on the same page now 😎

7 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

There are countries in the east where I would have to wear a hijab. There are countries in the middle east where homosexuality results in stoning to death and where infidelity results in stoning to death

We aren't talking about 60 years ago. We are talking about 2024.

My bold

Honour killings and fgm are what I can't get my head around the most. 

I mean, where's the honour in killing a terrified woman? As for fgm? 🤮