Party Of Islam.

Just now, Longcol said:

Obviously nowt to do with Putin invading Ukraine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That's already been discussed on another thread. I mearly used Ukraine as an example. 

I won't be discussing it with you on this thread so don't even waste your time. 

Just now, The_DADDY said:

You really are strange. Do you actually think the only people I talk to are on Sheffield Forum?

Nope - but you seem reluctant to evidence that you said it on SF. 

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

That's already been discussed on another thread. I mearly used Ukraine as an example. 

I won't be discussing it with you on this thread so don't even waste your time. 

Agree the discussion belongs on the  Russia invading Ukraine thread - but seeing as you brought it up ..................................

Edited by Longcol

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

We don't impose any western obligations on the east. If I went to an Islamic country, I'd need to wear a hijab and wouldn't be allowed alcohol... So no, I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

I've only visited a few of Islamic countries, Jordan, Morocco, Turkey, Syria, though Turkey used to be secular until Erdogan arrived on the scene, and there seemed to be freedom of religion in Syria until the so called Arab Spring.  As far as Syria goes, many of the problems arrived there due to US intervention. Never forget who armed and promoted Bin Laden to start with.

Back in the '60s Afghanistan was pretty open and liberal until the US with our assistance decided to work against Russia, not caring if the country was lost to collateral damage.
Excellent article here by John Pilger, before he started writing some rather odd stuff
The Great Game of Smashing Nations

Lots of photos here and Here

Glance at any modern map, and look at all the straight line borders cutting through tribal lands, throughout the middle east and Africa, which were carved up by an assortment of European countries.

afghanistan-1960-bill-podlich-photography-112__880.jpg

I tried to add that in any of the countries I've visited, there has been no imposition of head coverings for women, or any shortage of alcohol.
Visiting places of worship is different of course, I would be required to have a head covering in a synagogue; bare shoulders, male or female, would be frowned upon in orthodox churches, as would wearing shoes in a mosque.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

There are countries in the east where I would have to wear a hijab. There are countries in the middle east where homosexuality results in stoning to death and where infidelity results in stoning to death. 

We aren't talking about 60 years ago. We are talking about 2024.

Personally I find it ridiculous that a mystical sky god would wish for the people he created to have to wear certain garments.  That applies to ANY any religion dictating dress to be clear.

And surely this deity wouldn’t create people that were homosexual or unfaithful to their spouse if he found it so offensive that he thought they she stoned to death, ‘honour’ killed or even ostracised by their community.

A religion cannot be responsible for power-mad people manipulating it - the deity is probably screaming silently  'I didn't mean that' and 'any human imperfections weren't caused by me'

Maybe🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cressida said:

A religion cannot be responsible for power-mad people manipulating it - the deity is probably screaming silently  'I didn't mean that' and 'any human imperfections weren't caused by me'

Maybe🙂

Exactly.  I have my own opinions about how religions came about but if adults choose to have religious beliefs that’s their business.  As long as these power mad individuals don’t use as a form of control. Because surely that is not what this deity would want.  

• Like 1