The King Has Cancer

3 minutes ago, lazarus said:

His mother should have put her notice in thirty years ago and given Charles the job, why did she hang on till she was over ninety, perhaps all the heating allowances?

His mother took the Coronation  Oath seriously in 1953 in which she made a pact with god which is why she never abdicated,  The very fact his mother conducted her duties for  the whole World to see two days before she died vindicates her decision not to abdicate.  

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Axe said:

His mother took the Coronation  Oath seriously in 1953 in which she made a pact with god which is why she never abdicated,  The very fact his mother conducted her duties for  the whole World to see two days before she died vindicates her decision not to abdicate.  

Yes I agree with you. The last few years of the Queens life Charles stepped in to undertake the role of  Queen.  We saw him doing the  State Opening of Parliament when the Queen was suffering with mobility problems and that’s how it should be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baz1 said:

As a defender of the faith, I'm sure people of all faiths will be praying and hoping, King Charles makes a full recovery. 

That would be a minority of people in the UK then. Personally, don't have a faith and not a royalist but wish him well, just like I would with any other person suffering from cancer.

• Like 2