Mayor Of South Yorkshire

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

And there you go again , no answer to an honest question.

Is this your only mode of operation ? Ask a stupid question over and over and over. Then ignore proper replies. Then moan and moan.

Its not a very adult way of discussing anything.

Several people have given you detailed answers to your puerile question. I did so myself in post 30.  I was expecting you to engage with the information and make some sort of intelligent comment.

If you can’t be bothered to read the detail, then that’s your issue. 

Anyway, carry on whining.

4 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Is this your only mode of operation ? Ask a stupid question over and over and over. Then ignore proper replies. Then moan and moan.

Its not a very adult way of discussing anything.

Several people have given you detailed answers to your puerile question. I did so myself in post 30.  I was expecting you to engage with the information and make some sort of intelligent comment.

If you can’t be bothered to read the detail, then that’s your issue. 

Anyway, carry on whining.

Sorry for asking you an honest question. Don’t worry about not being able to answer it , I doubt Coppard could . 

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Understand all that, but they seem much better organised and actually listen to the transport operators, and co-operate with them. I had an interesting three/four hour chat with the previous MD of Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company about three years ago, and was impressed with the way the town.city/county councils and the operators worked together to achieve the best outcome for the public.

Everywhere I’ve seen they have similar setups for liaison / partnership with the operators.

Some of it is down to history and personalities.

One place I worked had two dominant bus operators in the city. I found one  was dynamic, helpful, open to the opportunities offered by change. The other was suspicious, resistant to change and unhelpful. I’d say some of that was probably down to the people in charge and their previous experiences.

I’ve also found some of the bus operations side staff at CA/PTE’s to be a bit “old school” and not the easiest to deal with.

I’ve also seen differences in how staff at councils deal with operators, some good some not.

Compared to others I’ve seen, when I was involved, Sheffield were pretty good at involving the operators right from the start of significant projects ( like public transport corridor schemes) and trying to get their input and buy in. 

I’ve seen recent examples in a big city elsewhere that were not good, where council staff appeared not to be taking operators views and issues seriously in our opinion. We acted to ensure they did and the operators needs were eventually addressed. It shouldn’t need to be like that and doesn’t engender trust.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

What sort of comment is that ? 

A factual one.

No one is forcing you to live in a place you find so bad, are they? So if you dislike it so much, consider your alternatives would be my advice. The grass isn’t always greener though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Everywhere I’ve seen they have similar setups for liaison / partnership with the operators.

Some of it is down to history and personalities.

One place I worked had two dominant bus operators in the city. I found one  was dynamic, helpful, open to the opportunities offered by change. The other was suspicious, resistant to change and unhelpful. I’d say some of that was probably down to the people in charge and their previous experiences. (1)

I’ve also found some of the bus operations side staff at CA/PTE’s to be a bit “old school” and not the easiest to deal with. (2A)

I’ve also seen differences in how staff at councils deal with operators, some good some not.(2B)

Compared to others I’ve seen, when I was involved, Sheffield were pretty good at involving the operators right from the start of significant projects ( like public transport corridor schemes) and trying to get their input and buy in. (3)

I’ve seen recent examples in a big city elsewhere that were not good, where council staff appeared not to be taking operators views and issues seriously in our opinion. We acted to ensure they did and the operators needs were eventually addressed. It shouldn’t need to be like that and doesn’t engender trust.(4)

(1) I can understand that - I am aware of an operator in the area I mentioned not exactly being cooperative - but although they have a reasonable 'presence', they are outweighed by the other operators, so are not a massive obstacle,

(2A/2B) Needs attention, if the services are to work to the travelling public's benefit.

(3) Maybe, but there are other area's where their political stance doesn't help.

(4) It is good to hear that, but did the political leaders back you up?

42 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

A factual one.

No one is forcing you to live in a place you find so bad, are they? So if you dislike it so much, consider your alternatives would be my advice. The grass isn’t always greener though.

Apologies for wanting more for my home City .

@RollingJ

A little bird told me today that SYMCA has a new employee to liaise with operators, one that was a senior manager at one of said operators who recently parted ways with their former employer due to 'creative differences' 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, Resident said:

@RollingJ

A little bird told me today that SYMCA has a new employee to liaise with operators, one that was a senior manager at one of said operators who recently parted ways with their former employer due to 'creative differences' 

Didnt they have one before and he stayed in the job for quite a few weeks . . . . . . . . . .