We Need A Tunnel Under The Pennines

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

No.   our rolling has  lost the discussion because he's trying to compare Ivor the engine with a Japanese bullet.

The country needs some modernisation but there are too many cheapo's against it.

Doesn't matter to me if you like the world laughing at you.

You really don't want to discuss the topic do you? Think it's about time I left you to your ramblings.

28 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

That's what I have just said and what you have quoted me as saying in case you haven't noticed.

We have,  in the past already had a very long discussion regarding road pricing so it would be pointless to say it all again,

All you need to remember is that,  when the government wants any money  -  they will just take it.

I quoted you as, "guessing ", see your own post #55 to check your own words in case you have forgotten. It's you who brought up road pricing so don't tell me it's pointless to say it all again....it's you who is being pointless. 

I've been paying to the government longer than you and I don't need to remember that, maybe you do though. 

How is it that you try to remove yourself from all the issues mentioned, such as "your Victorian railway ", the  whole world is laughing at you etc. Are you aloof from everything happening around you   perhaps floating on cloud nine....or something. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

No.   our rolling has  lost the discussion because he's trying to compare Ivor the engine with a Japanese bullet.

The country needs some modernisation but there are too many cheapo's against it.

Doesn't matter to me if you like the world laughing at you.

Thread is about a road tunnel under the Pennines .

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Meltman said:

I quoted you as, "guessing ", see your own post #55 to check your own words in case you have forgotten. It's you who brought up road pricing so don't tell me it's pointless to say it all again....it's you who is being pointless. 

I've been paying to the government longer than you and I don't need to remember that, maybe you do though. 

How is it that you try to remove yourself from all the issues mentioned, such as "your Victorian railway ", the  whole world is laughing at you etc. Are you aloof from everything happening around you   perhaps floating on cloud nine....or something. 

Road pricing was mentioned in passing because someone brought that up.

How do do figure that you've been paying to the government longer than me ?  I would be very surprised if you have as I was working, on the railways in 1955 and I'm still paying now.

Not floating at all  -  I see the remnants of the proud nation I was born into,  unable to do what most other nations did years ago  because  "we can't afford it"  whilst they can.  WHY

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

No No No!

Absolutely Not!!!! We ALL know he's never wrong. It's everyone else. Now as punishment you must give yourself 10 lashes with a cat-o'-nine-tails and promise never to talk such rubbish again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

No No No!

Absolutely Not!!!! We ALL know he's never wrong. It's everyone else. Now as punishment you must give yourself 10 lashes with a cat-o'-nine-tails and promise never to talk such rubbish again.

And five Hail Mary's 

24 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

This line,  which you quoted  "The country needs some modernisation but there are too many cheapo's against it".

is referring to a tunnel under the Pennines as part of the modernisation and in line with the thread.

Pity you can't read.

And neither can the idle one.

Edited by Organgrinder