We Need A Tunnel Under The Pennines

The Pennines provides shelter for us from Atlantic extremes and drops on Manchester as you can tell when you go over the top of the M62.
The mass of water provides our reservoirs as well as the source of the River Don which flows through Sheffield and Easterly to Doncaster which is proving a problem.

Any engineering on the hills could also involve new reservoirs which can also double as power stations for rail  electrification.
Like France and the UK, we could make it a race against Manchester who could tunnel faster.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

You can of course prove your first and repeated claim? As you are obviously using yet another topic to push your anti-government argument, maybe I really should put you on ignore, but that would deprive me of a bit of entertainment.

What do you need proving. that it's expensive ?  that other countries have not let cost hold them back ? That the economy is in a terrible state ? That other countries tackle far bigger projects ?

If you can't see all those for yourself, try googling.  I am not in a court of law and don't have a need to prove anything to you or anyone else.

That's just looking for an outlet from the argument.

1 minute ago, Findlay said:

The Pennines provides shelter for us from Atlantic extremes and drops on Manchester as you can tell when you go over the top of the M62.
The mass of water provides our reservoirs as well as the source of the River Don which flows through Sheffield and Easterly to Doncaster which is proving a problem.

Any engineering on the hills could also involve new reservoirs which can also double as power stations for rail  electrification.
Like France and the UK, we could make it a race against Manchester who could tunnel faster.

And make massive, possibly fatal, environmental changes

Just now, Organgrinder said:

What do you need proving. that it's expensive ?  that other countries have not let cost hold them back ? That the economy is in a terrible state ? That other countries tackle far bigger projects ?

If you can't see all those for yourself, try googling.  I am not in a court of law and don't have a need to prove anything to you or anyone else.

We are not in a court of law, true, but you are making some pretty big claims, and refusing to explain them.

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

How would it improve things ?

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

And make massive, possibly fatal, environmental changes

We did far bigger things in the past when we were  "less clever" (as some would say ) and other countries still do.

We are already making massive,  probably fatal environmental changes as we speak. 

It doesn't seem to put other countries off.

Just now, hackey lad said:

How would it improve things ?

Perhaps you should look at why tunnels were first invented and then you wouldn't have to ask.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

We are not in a court of law, true, but you are making some pretty big claims, and refusing to explain them.

Prove me wrong then.