Womersley family research

Wortley!

I remembered.[/quote

Mick still lives in Wortley and his Mum still lives on Hallwood Road,He would be good to talk to cos he's big on family history and the like and he has a great memory of past times.

Well if anyone DOES talk to them, it wouldnt be a good idea to mention me, because Mrs Womersley hated me with a passion, and from what I could make out from things that Kathleen told me, for years afterwards, anything bad that happened in the area or to their family was blamed on me, even though I wasnt even in Sheffield!

For example, in 1982 Mick was beaten up in town by a bunch of yobs and I was instantly blamed, Kathleen phoned me to ask me why I had done this.

She knew that beating someone up is the last thing Id do but her mother had convinced her so much that even she started to believe it.

Its good to know that Mick and his Mother are still there though, and Im dreading to ask about Mr Womersley, I was very fond of him and Im assuming that hes passed away?

I last saw Kathleen in around 1982 or 83, she was engaged and still as pretty as she was when I went out with her. I wonder how shes going on, and I hope shes happy. Its odd to think about her after all these years, and to think that shes now almost 50, and in all probability a grandmother, makes me feel very very old.

This might not be useful information but I just remembered, one of the Womersleys was the governess of Borneo, Kathleens grandmother I think.

Thats just a memory and im not sure if theres going to be any more along those lines, but it might be something to work on as you do your research.

Actually it was Allan Womersley, not David. We don't have a David. Allan is my Father's brother, and is around 70 now. He still paints. He has been retired many years now from Windmill School. Sorry, but he has never lived in a bungalow either. He has three sons not two. James, John and Peter.

Well if anyone DOES talk to them, it wouldnt be a good idea to mention me, because Mrs Womersley hated me with a passion, and from what I could make out from things that Kathleen told me, for years afterwards, anything bad that happened in the area or to their family was blamed on me, even though I wasnt even in Sheffield!

For example, in 1982 Mick was beaten up in town by a bunch of yobs and I was instantly blamed, Kathleen phoned me to ask me why I had done this.

She knew that beating someone up is the last thing Id do but her mother had convinced her so much that even she started to believe it.

Its good to know that Mick and his Mother are still there though, and Im dreading to ask about Mr Womersley, I was very fond of him and Im assuming that hes passed away?

I last saw Kathleen in around 1982 or 83, she was engaged and still as pretty as she was when I went out with her. I wonder how shes going on, and I hope shes happy. Its odd to think about her after all these years, and to think that shes now almost 50, and in all probability a grandmother, makes me feel very very old.

Funnily enough I saw Mick's wife Janice today and mentioned that there was a thread on SF about the Womersley's and someone called jabberwocky used to date his sister - she wants to know who you are!!!!!!!

Yes Mr womersley died (I Think) last year,time goes so quickly.

As for Mick you would enjoy talking to him, he's a real characteur.