Womersley family research

Actually it was Allan Womersley, not David. We don't have a David. Allan is my Father's brother, and is around 70 now. He still paints. He has been retired many years now from Windmill School. Sorry, but he has never lived in a bungalow either. He has three sons not two. James, John and Peter.

hehe, I did note say that my memory was hazy :D Thanks for that, I'm really pleased to know that he's still around and about. :thumbsup:

Funnily enough I saw Mick's wife Janice today and mentioned that there was a thread on SF about the Womersley's and someone called jabberwocky used to date his sister - she wants to know who you are!!!!!!!

Yes Mr womersley died (I Think) last year,time goes so quickly.

As for Mick you would enjoy talking to him, he's a real characteur.

Well Mick will remember my real name and not with any fondness.

As I mentioned earlier, they thought I was Satan.

Its sad to hear that Mr Womersley died, he was a lovely lovely man.

Actually they were a lovely family, when I dated his sis I was an 18 year old so I suppose I could have earned the Satan tag.

Its good to hear about them though.

Governess of Borneo ! This is getting really interesting now !

The gig that Mr Womersley used to take us into Thurgoland in to collect pork pies was a Governesses gig, I asked about it once and Kathleen told me that it had been transported in from Borneo, then told me about her governess ancestor.

The gig that Mr Womersley used to take us into Thurgoland in to collect pork pies was a Governesses gig, I asked about it once and Kathleen told me that it had been transported in from Borneo, then told me about her governess ancestor.

I will ask Mick if he knows the Borneo connection and let you know.

Did you manage to read the E. Mail? I forgot to say that my Grandmother's (Ann Womersley) family was called Hine. Don't know if that helps, or that her married sister was Alice Needham - NW

All the info you have given me is very useful Nigel - thanks . I will let you know of anything else I discover ! I'm busy with other projects at the moment but will get back to the Womersleys soon ! Daven