Help Me With The Name Of An Old Shop Please!

6 hours ago, nikki-red said:

Not sure if it’s relevant but on Picture Sheffield the shops listed near to Davys around that time were Victoria Cafe and Mason Sonia?

the Victoria Cafe was inside the Davy's building it was upstairs and named after

his Daughter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sovrappeso said:

In the 1950s there was a shop on Fargate called Hagenbachs that sold that cakes etc.

Interesting that Hagenbachs was on Fargate in the 50s.  I remember when it was on the corner of Haymarket in the late 70s/early 80s.  They had a bakery section off to the left, and a cafe on the right and upstairs.  They used to do a lovely custard slice, and sponge squares with pink icing on top.

3 hours ago, Hecate said:

Interesting that Hagenbachs was on Fargate in the 50s.  I remember when it was on the corner of Haymarket in the late 70s/early 80s.  They had a bakery section off to the left, and a cafe on the right and upstairs.  They used to do a lovely custard slice, and sponge squares with pink icing on top.

Their shop was on the left hand side going towards the town hall. It closed in the late 1950s, I think,  and the premises were briefly used by an auctioneer.