Found A Petition To Change This Situation

Just now, Organgrinder said:

I already read every post and decided that everyone else is right and you are the odd one out.

I don’t care

Do you think a 3m x 4m is big enough? Hmm 

maybe i could hire an advertising board thats already in situ

Maybe over lay banners on bus stops advertising would be cheap to do 

Anyone with further ideas please do pm me 

Financing this isn’t a problem tbh i think this would be achievable under £700-£800 to begin with 

Just now, RollingJ said:

I am - and I'm not going anywhere, Goofy.

I’m thinking a batch of leaflets & small beermat size stickers is the first project 

this is unbelievably cheap to arrange less than £40 

Buses, Bus stops, lamp posts, shop windows, uni notice boards etc 

tbh the footfall would be enough to get this  campaign going 

happy days 

1 minute ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

I’m thinking a batch of leaflets & small beermat size stickers is the first project 

this is unbelievably cheap to arrange less than £40 

Buses, Bus stops, lamp posts, shop windows, uni notice boards etc 

tbh the footfall would be enough to get this  campaign going 

happy days 

As I said - fly-posting is illegal. Hope your notices give contact details so you can get  prosecuted.

1 hour ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/655372

please click the link and sign the petition to support the campaign 

We need electronic voting both for government spending and Party voting 

Make your country great again 

Do you even know what your own petition is asking for? 

You have mentioned sod all about electronic voting means or changes to the way the wider elections are held at all.

Being coherent not your strong point is it.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

1 minute ago, ECCOnoob said:

Do you even know what your own petition is asking for? 

You have mentioned sod all about electronic voting means or changes to the way the wider elections are held at all.

Being coherent not your strong point is it.  

I thinking bus stop stickers really capture the right wing types 

On 11/02/2024 at 12:37, Resident said:

It's idiotic to think that the government, a group elected by the people to run the country including spending taxes would need to ask the public for every spending decision.

If you want to decide how it's spent then become a politician and get yourself elected. EVERYONE is able to do so. 

As for electronic voting. It's been proven that it's not safe from outside interference.  It's horrendously insecure. 

I wouldn’t trust most members of the public to be able to post a letter. never mind have the ability to vote on every decision made by an elected government.

Christ - look what happened with the brexit referendum.

On 11/02/2024 at 12:37, Resident said:

It's idiotic to think that the government, a group elected by the people to run the country including spending taxes would need to ask the public for every spending decision.

If you want to decide how it's spent then become a politician and get yourself elected. EVERYONE is able to do so. 

As for electronic voting. It's been proven that it's not safe from outside interference.  It's horrendously insecure. 

That old chestnut...

Independent candidates have almost no chance of being elected unless they are a well known face or have garnered  publicity on MSM in some way. To run a serious campaign costs serious money. 

Other potential candidates have to represent the party.  To do that they have to tow the party line in order to get past the selection committee who will chose more of the same, not a maverick, so we just get more of the same. 

1 hour ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

I don’t care

Do you think a 3m x 4m is big enough? Hmm 

maybe i could hire an advertising board thats already in situ

Maybe over lay banners on bus stops advertising would be cheap to do 

Anyone with further ideas please do pm me 

Financing this isn’t a problem tbh i think this would be achievable under £700-£800 to begin with 

I don't mind either way.  It's your business entirely so If you wish to waste time and money then that's up to you.    I would be surprised if you manage to change anyone's mind.

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

That old chestnut...

Independent candidates have almost no chance of being elected unless they are a well known face or have garnered  publicity on MSM in some way. To run a serious campaign costs serious money. 

Other potential candidates have to represent the party.  To do that they have to tow the party line in order to get past the selection committee who will chose more of the same, not a maverick, so we just get more of the same. 

Who's fault is that then?   Is it perhaps the dumb 'public' who don't care enough about policies or the candidates or actually can bothered to properly read up on what's going on beyond soundbite headlines or are stuck in some tribal mentality of red vs. blue regardless of what the individual MP candidate could actually offer their constituency.  

We only have ourselves to blame for treating the election like a glorified popularity contest.

Said before and will keep saying again.  All these demands to give the public more of a voice are completely irrelevant until the public can be prepared to get off their backside and actually engage.  There are numerous ways to the public can be more involved and actually have their say and actually make a difference but most can't be bothered.   We can't even get a full turnout for the election itself once every 5 years. 

As for dumbing down vastly complicated  governmental decisions to a click of an online public poll that certainly isn't going to magically change the situation either. In fact, as people have tried to central be pointed out, it will be catastrophic.

The first step to real transformation is getting the house more balanced and away from two party system. That's down to us the voting public.  That's down to us actually understanding how elections work, what we are actually voting for and picking a candidate who we feel best  represents us and our constituency not blindly following what rosette they wear.