Double Child Rapist And Murderer Faces Fresh Parole Hearing

35 minutes ago, Axe said:

The death sentence would guarantee monsters like him never roam our streets again. The first murderer convicted by DNA evidence should have resulted in the first murderer being hanged after the death sentence being brought back.

It would deter them knowing they are going to die that's for sure .

37 minutes ago, Axe said:

The death sentence would guarantee monsters like him never roam our streets again. The first murderer convicted by DNA evidence should have resulted in the first murderer being hanged after the death sentence being brought back.

We stopped Capital Punishment for a very good reason and,  for that very reason, it should stay stopped.

We want no more state murder of innocent people and that's what our last hangman thought too.

7 minutes ago, gaz678 said:

It would deter them knowing they are going to die that's for sure .

I'm afraid it didn't deter them when we used to hang them.  Just stopped them doing it again,  which whole life in jail can do anyway.

12 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I'm afraid it didn't deter them when we used to hang them.  Just stopped them doing it again,  which whole life in jail can do anyway.

More economic to do away with them why keep them years costing thousands sorry get shut!

1 hour ago, gaz678 said:

More economic to do away with them why keep them years costing thousands sorry get shut!

What about those deemed innocent souls who  end up getting murdered by the state through some judicial error, falsified evidence, mistaken identity, bribery, tainted witnesses or other procedural failing.  That just tough luck?  A small price could pay for the wider good?  A negligible margin of error that should just be overlooked?

We are civilised nation. We don't do an eye for and eye.   It's punishment and rehabilitation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Axe said:

Time to have a referendum on the issue 

We can’t have referendums every time there is a highly contagious matter such as this, either we have a death penalty for all murderers or not, we can’t just pick and choose the murders that offend us the most. As I’ve previously said execution is very quick and almost painless, unlike waking up every morning in a locked cell with bars on it’s window until the day that they die.

1 hour ago, gaz678 said:

Quite easy to have industry in prison and make them work for their keep, which they really should be doing in any case,  no matter what they are in for.

As most law breakers don't like work,  That is the very thing they should be made to do.

33 minutes ago, crookesey said:

We can’t have referendums every time there is a highly contagious matter such as this, either we have a death penalty for all murderers or not, we can’t just pick and choose the murders that offend us the most. As I’ve previously said execution is very quick and almost painless, unlike waking up every morning in a locked cell with bars on it’s window until the day that they die.

I am not suggesting we have referendums every time there is a highly contagious matter.  However bringing back the death sentence is a unique situation.  It is so unique that I respect both those who are  against the death sentence and those who are in favour of the death sentence.   Modern day prisons are more like holiday camps than the the place they were in the 1960's when the death sentence was abolished.  Waking up every morning with a television in a cell and being given three meals a day is hardly a suitable alternative to the death sentence.