Road Bottle Necks

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Who recorded them  ?

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

And when? - I'm not a driver, but if I am travelling s-bound late afternoon, that junction is a nightmare for either road - not helped by the numerous vehicles which ignore the 2-hour bus lane south of it.

Report here:

https://democracy.sheffield.gov.uk/documents/s63150/Appendix B - Nether Edge Active Neighbourhoods data pack.pdf

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Planner1 said:

The studies that have been done around low traffic neighbourhoods show that there aren’t any additional delays to traffic on the streets on their periphery.

So, there isn’t an issue.

What studies are you referring to. Sheffield studies or others. Certainly there are well documented cases where significant knock on problems have occurred as well as problems for emergency vehicles 

I can show you plenty of junctions where drivers create their own bottlenecks.
The classic being traffic lights with a short cycle to let cars across the main road. Typical cycle will be enough to get 5 or 6 cars across on a green.
So two lanes there but all choose to sit in the one lane, ensuring only six cars get across.
Instead of using both lanes, getting 12 cars across and filtering back into one lane on the other side.
image.png.717f559736664b229c010de9db694e74.png

3 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

What studies are you referring to. Sheffield studies or others. Certainly there are well documented cases where significant knock on problems have occurred as well as problems for emergency vehicles 

Have a look at this article. There’s a link in it to some research.

Where are these “ well documented cases” then?