Maso Italian Restaurant

Yep, that's the one. Just get the unobtainable tone whenever I dial it, landline or mobile. Tried searching directory enquiries at bt.com and it doesn't seem to be listed any more. Hope they haven't gone out of business 'cos I really liked it there.

Went for a curry in the end, which was nice...

What a shame - this was probably my favourite city-centre restaurant. Cracking food, good wine, all reasonably priced, excellent service and always a pleasant atmosphere. A lot of the time there seemed to be quite a few Italians dining there as well, which is generally a good sign.

There often seemed to be rather a lot of empty tables, though, particularly at weekends when you'd expect a place like that to be crammed, so at times I did wonder how they kept such a big place going, but I do think it's a great pity that it's gone under; good luck to Mario and all the staff in finding something else.

Sorry folks but I have to say that Maso was the most disappointing resteraunt ive had since coming to Sheffield 7 years ago.

Went three times in all, I like to give a place a chance but it was awful.

Im sorry the people have lost their jobs but it wasnt at a high enough standard compared to what has recently opened in the city.

I went in there once as well, and the food was seriously bad. I dunno whether it's always been that way, or whether their reputation was pretty good once upon a time. Their decor and everything looked great, but the food did let them down.

Archived