What's the most successful product ever sold/made ?

coke probably, but stuf like tate n lyle sugar/silver spoon been around much longer. cigarettes ? the honda c90's up there

the true answer would be something dull like nuts n bolts by forgemasters or something mundane

Nobody's said it so far (Lindseyw you have politely reiterated your point a few times - wicked idea for a thread btw), but I'm seriously despairing for some of the people on here, to the point that I'm not sure if people are supplying retarded answers just to be ironic. Or whether they're completely ****ing daft.

Chri5' suggestion of Microsoft Windows is an excellent one. Malky's Biro, like Hoover, Sellotape, Blu-tack, Stanley knife and Tannoy (and I'm sure there are others) has the kudos of being a brand name used in everyday conversation to refer to the generic item. Interestingly, since the 1950s, Bic have actually been the major international producer of the ballpoint pen/'Biro', which ties in with Malky's disposable razor.

Apple iPod, Technics 1200 series record decks, Doc Martins, Lego are all successful and ace.

Archived